Apple Store, Macbook Upgrade, Exchange Question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FrankySavvy, Apr 10, 2010.

1. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I purchased a new Macbook Pro 15" on March 25th...

I was told by an Apple Store Sales Associate, that if the model you bought is upgraded within 30 days of the purchase, that you can exchange it for the new updated one, without a restocking fee.

He also stated, it was not official policy, but that he himself had seen his manager exchange an open product for an upgraded version, even after the 14 day return period, without any problem.

However, the day I spoke to the manager when I purchased my Macbook Pro, he said 14 days with restocking fee if opened was the official return policy. He also said it would be at the managers discretion to return or exchange any product after 14 days.

Anyone have any experience with this?

If the rumors are true and the Macbook Pro is updated on April 13th or April 20th, it will be within 30 days of my purchase.

What do you guys think they will do?

P.S I am even more then willing to pay the restocking fee :)

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The first rep has it wrong. The 14-day window and restocking fee is Apple's official policy and it is the manager's own discretion if they want to drop the fee or not. If the refresh does happen, I'm pretty sure the store manager will allow you to do the exchange with or without a restocking fee. They allowed it when the unibody had the small refresh of processors.

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

You know I've heard of the 30 day exchange period as well in the past when a new model is updated.

I sure hope so and will give it a try as I would be right under the 30 days from my purchase of the 15" mbp.

I'll probably call and ask the individual (2) apple stores near me and talk to a manager about it.

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Yes. Some will do it, some won't.