Apple Store Made My Day!! Thanks to multiple returns!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brett1203, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Brett1203, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015

Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

So, I was one of the many who was up April 10th to preorder my Apple Watch and I ordered the 42mm Sport with the white band, and received it on launch day. I have loved it since day one but was one of the people who once they saw a Stainless Steel one, I fell in love and wished I had purchased the Stainless but when I preordered couldn't justify the price.

Well anyways, About 2 weeks ago I went into the Apple Store and bought the black sport band and loved how it looked with the Sport Watch but the band had a flaw in it so I took it back and exchanged it for a new one. They gave me the new one last week and within 5 days the underside of the band started peeling so I went in the other day to swap yet another band (Seems the white one holds up great but the black one not so much so far) and I went in Sunday to the Apple store YET again to swap the band. The Apple employee gives me a new band and I go home, well when I get home it was the 38mm band!! LOL.

While I was there Sunday I tried asking the sales guy if I could possibly return my sport and pay to buy the SS, he told me no since I was outside of the 14 days. Oh well I tried lol.

Today I go back YET again to tell them I was given the wrong band, and they were out of the 42mm so I had to return the band and order a new one online. The sales girl today was not friendly in the least.

So I start talking one another Apple Guy there saying how frustrating it is to have to keep returning the bands and how I was given the wrong one and then started telling him how I wish I would have purchased the SS but when I was pre ordering it just didn't make sense without knowing how id even like the watch and how I wish I could return mine but since I received mine on launch day, I was told no. He says to me that he can work it out so I can return it and then buy the SS, and my eyes lit up, and he said he will put me in the queue if I can wait for a few minutes and someone will help me, I tell him I doubt they will do it for me since I was told no on Sunday. He then tells me he is the manager so he will sign off on it!!!

So long story short, I ordered my new black sports band that will deliver Friday and NOW I returned my 42mm Sport and the refunded my AMEX for it and then they ordered me a 42mm SS with the white band and recharged my card!!! So now I have a new SS with the white band on order, sucks I have to wait around 2 weeks, BUT I AM SO THANKFUL THE MANAGER WAS NICE ENOUGH TO DO THIS FOR ME!! I am sure in his eyes, having a SS out in the wile draws more attention than the sport which means more sales!! LOL

~DOES HAPPY DANCE~ I HAVE A STAINLESS COMING!!! :) All because of a few bad bands, I had a wicked awesome adventure today!!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Great. Yes, the managers (and AppleCare Senior Advisors) have great flexibility in "bending" the rules. I too have benefited from such a decision from an Apple Store manager.

3. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Congrats! Sucks that you had to make multiple trips and suffered through multiple defective bands, but at least in the end you got what your heart truly wanted.

I had a 38mm Space Grey and I really did enjoy the colour and finish of it, but it was too small for my tastes. When I was down in Hong Kong last weekend, they had the Watch available for online reservation with in-store pick-up, but all sizes of the Space Grey were unavailable. After trying out the Stainless Steel version, I decided to go with a 42mm SS instead and really enjoy the upgrade. I have to wear a suit for work and while there's no strict dress code when it comes to this stuff (I used to wear the original Pebble to work) I do think it compliments the overall look a lot better.

Really enjoying it so far and even bought the Milanese Loop to "class it up" a bit more.

4. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I'm hoping my new black band that I ordered today will work out better. Funny how the white never even showed wear or dirt, etc.

I'm missing having a Apple Watch already lol, but I'm so appreciative and excited

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This story is like one of those long math problems. I think the answer is 6 apples?

6. clg82 macrumors regular

This should make your day even better....I ordered my 42MM SS with white sports band last Monday and received it on Thursday after also being told that it wouldn't show up for 2 weeks.....i believe they are getting fully caught up on all of the orders and you should probably bet getting yours sooner rather than later.....

7. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

Pretty cool to hear. One of the reasons I am loyal to Apple is because of their customer experience. Time and time again they are great.

I had only been in my Apple store twice before one of the business development sales guys remembered my name. It was something that really made an impact.

8. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

I'm actually surprised you had issues with that many bands... that particular store must've gotten a bad batch or something? I wore a BSB as part of a 38mm sports version for around two weeks with no issues, and the new one I have with my 42mm hasn't had any issues yet, though it's been worn for far less (usually only during working out, Milanese Loop during the work week.)

All the same, happy things worked out for you in the end! :3

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

The BSB that came with my SG Sport started wearing out too. Eventually the Engineers wanted it back for testing so they sent me a new BSB. It sits unused in its retail box because I'm afraid of it wearing it out again (that was the second time and I had to fight tooth and nail to get it replaced).

I love my Watch. I ended up buying the GSB but I also want to get the PSB (I already have the WSB, the BBSB is not my style). Had I known how much I would love it, I probably would have found a way to fork over the additional $200 at launch for the SS model Plus, the Sport band is really comfortable.

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I'm surprised you have to wait 2 weeks. My wife gave me a 38mm Space Grey for Father's Day and I went online on Monday morning, Reserved a 42mm Stainless BSB at my local store, picked it up when they opened at 10am yesterday and they exchanged the 38mm Sport for my reserved watch. They did tell me if I hadn't reserved they would not have been able to exchange as their stock of that model was out. I actually tried on the white band on a Stainless and they said if I want the white instead they will do a band swap within 14 days. My Sport gift was unopened (I didn't see the sense in opening it knowing it I would return the 38mm and that I didn't want a Sport). The Stainless has more weight and I like the weight of a nice watch. I also don't like the plastic look of the Sport, and while it is less noticeable on the Space Grey, I knew I would be happier with the Watch vs the Sport. I figure I will probably pick up a White band at some point, or a nicer band like a Milanese or Leather Loop for some options. But I'm not in a rush. I actually never thought I would like the Sport band and would ONLY want a Link Bracelet, but truth is while that is all I wear for normal watches, it is nice having the Sport band for any activity. And I've exercised twice with it now in two days.

11. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I hope so, I was wearing a "mechanical watch" last night and I keep thinking I feel the tap on my wrist lol, I'm going through withdrawal lol

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So YOU walked out of the store without checking your merchandise....... Not very smart if you ask me but to each their own.

13. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I know, I know, I was kicking myself for it, I was on a time crunch that afternoon, so I did not even think of looking to see if it was 38mm, I had been there twice already in 2 weeks and never was given the wrong one so didnt think about it, BUT at the end of the day it worked out perfect because it got me a new SS watch :)

14. clg82 macrumors regular

I love the feel of the taptic notification........it's hard to describe to people that ask me about my watch without letting them feel it....it's pretty cool.

15. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Congrats on being able to get the SS and hope it ships soon. After wearing the Apple watch I don't think I'd ever go back to watch that only tells you the time. I love my SS with modern buckle band.

16. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yeah I did love my sport, but now I am so excited for my SS to ship. It says 1-2 weeks but like I did with my Sport when I preordered, I am checking the order status 20 times a day!! LOL.

Yeah I am wearing my Movado Bold today and it feels so odd wearing a real mechanical watch, I miss all the fun extras my Apple Watch had. I just hope mine ships before the 1-2 weeks, I am kind of surprised they are still this back logged.

17. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I have a 42mm SS with BSB. Now I'm paranoid my band will suffer the same fate as yours. I hope not.

18. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yeah its funny because I truly though the white one would be the one with the issues, but the white one was flawless, A lot of people on here have had issues with the black bands but I am hoping the new one I ordered will be a better quality one (Assuming Apple has made some changes to correct the band issues)

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Haha good for you man

but the big-picture story is...
    "Apple gladly took my money, and 2 months later they gladly took even more of my money." ;)

20. J.xavienator, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015

J.xavienator macrumors newbie

Same way I read it too. No need to take it out on the employees for your mistake.

Curious as to how someone can be unfriendly when a product is out of stock. I'm assuming the sales person could have only say it was out of stock.

21. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

While it is a good idea to check the merchandise yourself before leaving the store, it is still the employee's fault for giving you the wrong item and not the buyer's fault.

22. clg82 macrumors regular

HIS mistake? the employee isn't supposed to verify what THEIR selling him is actually WHAT IT IS lol

23. J.xavienator macrumors newbie

Wasn't referring to that part because it is correct that the first salesperson should've checked.

I was talking about when he returned it and said the person who returned it was unfriendly.

24. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I mean yes I should have looked before walking out, BUT I was handed the wrong merchandise... but his mistake is what got me back in and the chance to get my Sport returned and a new SS on the way, so it worked out great for me!!

And when I say she unfriendly, it wasnt the fact they were out, it was her attitude during the process, she was just not friendly, just seemed it was more of a bother to ask her for help.

But again, not the point lol

25. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

hahahaha yup, and I am excited about it!! :)