Apple store magsafe and batteri software test

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trusemannen, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Trusemannen macrumors newbie

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on the software that the apple store uses for testing of chargers and batteri. I would like to test my 14 day old charger that no longer works due to mysterious reasons. There is a 550 nok fee (about 100$us) charge to get them to look at this when i can do it myself with only that piece of sotfware.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. scuzzbug macrumors member

mine mysteriously stopped working. I was under the impression that Apple would take care of it anyway

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Why would they charge you to look at a 2 week old adapter that has a 1 year warranty on it, separate from that of your computer? Where did you purchase the adapter from?

5. Trusemannen thread starter macrumors newbie

Its bought on a humac (premium reseller) because there is no apple store in norway. Yeah i though it was wierd and argued with the person there for 45mins since i had just bought it. Noone has this software? not even a *cough* torrent?

6. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

So Humac is charging you to diagnose it? If it doesn't work, why not just return it to them?