Apple store MBP 7200rpm hard drive availability

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Luddy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Luddy, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

Luddy macrumors member

Does the Apple store have the higher level 15" MBP with 7200RPM hard drive available?

I was going to get the base higher level 15" MBP but with the high-res anti-glare screen and the 500gb 7200rpm (since it is the same price as the 5400rpm) drive until down the road when I upgrade to 8gb's of ram and an SSD.

I think I remember seeing the high res anti-glare available last year in the store. I would call but they are closed now.

Since I have to pay tax either way I would rather just pick it up at the store especially to avoid signing for delivery.

Thanks to anyone who can provide info.

2. lshirase macrumors regular

apple stores (in los angeles at least) provide AG for the high end (no base) 15 and 17 inch. No hard drive options.

3. darwin022 macrumors regular

My advice would be to get the basic, cheapest harddrive option they offer, then get your own and swap it in. Very easy install and you can get the drive that fits your needs (750GB 7200rpm) for around $100.

It's not worth getting a harddrive 'upgrade' from Apple.

4. Luddy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I only asked since the 750gb 5400rpm is the same price as the 500gb 7200rpm. I plan on going for an SSD later maybe around summer and just wanted the faster HDD for the time being since it was the same price.