Apple Store Miami Beach preps for launch, lines. (pics & video!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deannnnn, Jun 23, 2010.

1. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I went over to Miami Beach today to check out the brand new Shake Shack that they've just opened there (you New Yorkers know what I'm talking about!).

After lunch, I decided to see what was going on at the nearby Apple store.

[​IMG]

Outside, a line of about 5 people had already started. There were some guys (non Apple-employees) building a tent for the coming waiters. (I've waited at this Apple location before, and they line up in the middle of Lincoln Road because it is now a pedestrian mall).

[​IMG]

I then, of course, went inside the store. Partly to get out of the Florida sun (those poor line waiters) but mostly to play with an iPad ;) USA!!!!

[​IMG]

When I came back outside, the tent was looking more... tent like.

[​IMG]

Here's a quick vid I took of the guys building it (how sad that it's not 720p, right? I'll be getting my iPhone 4 tomorrow at a different Miami location!):
    http://deandagati.com/img/applemiami5.MOV

Here's a better shot of first people in line...

[​IMG]

I've always heard how nice Apple is to people who line up this early. When I was there, an Apple employee was outside talking to them. He seemed to be of a higher rank (wearing black). He gave them some Red Bull and told them that the Starbucks across the street was staying open 24 hours tonight and that they are welcome to use the bathrooms there, which I thought was really nice of Starbucks to do.

[​IMG]

I did a little investigating myself though, and while the Apple guy implied Starbucks was staying open just for them, it appears that this Starbucks location is just switching over to a permanent 24-hour store (makes sense, Lincoln Road is a big part of Miami's nightlife).

[​IMG]

Oh and one last thing, if anyone is planning on waiting at the Lincoln Road Apple Store, you should definitely hit up the brand new Shake Shack for lunch! It's at Lincoln Rd & Lenox Ave. I don't work for them or anything, but I lived right by the Madison Square location in New York, and this is their first out-of-NYC restaurant so it's worth checking out!

[​IMG]

Okay, let me guess what you're thinking right now... "cool story brah"

Right? ;)

2. mechanesthesia macrumors member

3. mechanesthesia macrumors member

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

GreaT post love the pics and vid!!!!! And yes this Florida sun/humidity is brutal to go camping out in!!!

5. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

That is a cool looking Apple store!

6. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Cool story, brah.

That Apple Store is REALLY nice! I really do love Apple Stores. Closest one I have is 4 hours away in San Antonio. But if I lived there, I'd definitely be working there! :cool:

7. blazinz macrumors regular

shake shack is the $h!t !! Lets hope people dont catch on down there, to avoid those crazy lines like we see in NYC;)

8. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Haha I know!! I had my food about 10 minutes after walking in. Something just isn't right about that!

9. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Haha yeah it's nice, although smaller on the inside than it appears on the outside. I reserved my iPhone at Apple Aventura, which is in a mall so I won't have to wait outside in the brutal heat.