Apple Store Model? I don't understand

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antdgar, Oct 5, 2007.

1. paulyras macrumors 6502

They used to sell that. It's essentially the high end white MB before the last speed bump (which is why it has a superdrive and 2.0). You can often get pretty good deals on refurbs if they are not current configurations.

I don't know why that would make it a scam though?!?!? Are you worried about it showing up with a ComboDrive?

2. antdgar thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I removed "scam" from the title..

I just thought there could be some details which Apple isn't telling me... I guess I'm just paranoid.

Thank you for your explanation. I'm going to buy this. Hope it's in good condition... <_<

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

They've always had earlier models in the refurb stores. They still had G4 laptops up to the start of this year.

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Usually the refurb store has previous models or models that are discontinued. So you are not being tricked.

5. antdgar thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks.

I'm actually not buying this. But buying the brand new white 2.16GHz model with 120GB hdd.

I get about £110 off thanks to HE discount, and there's only £44 difference between this and the refurb (80GB).

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Good choice I have always been a bit wary about refurb macs

7. antdgar thread starter macrumors member

I would just like to add that this community seems very nice :)

My first newb topic, quick replies and no one has jumped down my throat yet... Is this the life of the Mac user? hehe :p

Apple store here I come... tomorrow...

8. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

No, this is.