iPhone X Apple store my devices list

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I had my phone replaced by Apple on Sunday. When I look at the “my devices” of the Apple store app it lists my phone but doesn’t see it as an iPhone X. This means the app doesn’t suggest accessories etc. iTunes and icloud recognises it but the Apple store doesn’t.
Should I bother asking the Apple shop about it ? I’m not sure why it’s not recognising it.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Can people with an X confirm that they can see their phone is an X and select accessories in the Apple store app?

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks. It shows fine in iCloud devices so don't know why it's not working in the app. Not the end of the world but pretty strange

MrJM

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2012
I had my phone replaced by Apple on Sunday. When I look at the “my devices” of the Apple store app it lists my phone but doesn’t see it as an iPhone X. This means the app doesn’t suggest accessories etc. iTunes and icloud recognises it but the Apple store doesn’t.
Should I bother asking the Apple shop about it ? I’m not sure why it’s not recognising it.
My X used to do this sporadically, some days it would recommend accessories, other days it wouldn’t and would say “we cannot find any accessories for this device”. Never really bothered me as I rarely use the apple store app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.