Apple store no longer stating available 24/4/15

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shiftywxm, Apr 14, 2015.

1. shiftywxm macrumors member

Hi,

I've just been on the :apple: store and noticed that they have now changed the store to state "Pre-order is now available exclusively online" instead of available from 24/4/15.

Presumably to stop people who are ordering now from thinking that they can get it on launch day, but also to say it's not going to be available in-store as well on launch day?

2. syrinxStarman macrumors member

3. shiftywxm thread starter macrumors member

Forgot to mention thats from the UK store.

----------

I've just checked. The front page of apple.com shows the date, but the US store pages for the watch doesn't.

4. Notme90 macrumors member

5. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Good!

I have an aluminium SG 42mm coming on launch day (well I had the confirmation the same minute they went live) and this isn't a bad thing.

I could sell it and make £££, but then would be stuck with no device for a few months.

Forget that.

Can't wait for my delivery, I am WFH on the Friday release and have booked all the following week off work (not just for the watch), so I can get used to it properly. I also have the BHM off as we all do, so 11 days stretch off for 5 days leave burned (which I had to take as was from last years entitlement). :D

6. dilap macrumors 6502a

I think it's always been like this since pre orders.

7. JerryCooke macrumors regular

JerryCooke

Straight from .com/uk/watch
    (Likewise on .com/watch)

[​IMG]

I don't think it's anything to read anything into. As has been mentioned, store pages have been changed to reflect pre-order availability, so it probably doesn't make much sense for them to put another date on there that might confuse issues.