Apple Store not selling screen protectors anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slipper, Jun 14, 2010.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

I thought i read somewhere a while ago that the Apple Stores will no longer be selling screen protectors... however on my last visit to the Apple Store about 2 weeks ago they had a a lot of screen protectors available on the shelf. So my question is will they have screen protectors for the iPhone 4 available?

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

I saw only 2g iPod Touch in London Regent Street, but who cares? Order them from the Internet.

3. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

The apple ones are a lovely matt type finish, easy to apply and fit perfectly. The ones I got off the 'net were poor in comparison. So, despite the hefty price tag, I'll be a little disappointed if they've stopped supplying them

4. Nevasleep macrumors member

Unlikely to need one with the iPhone 4.
    Seeing as how its protective glass front and back.
    All the trouble with the iPhone 3G(s) was with the back getting scratched, not the front.

Although you will be able to get them off ebay, and other shops if Apple don't sell any for it.

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Regardless of the Apple Store selling them or not, third parties will continue to manufacture and sell them regardless.

6. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I wonder where the micro-USB agreement went too. But I'm happy that Apple went with the dock connector this time round.

7. skyehill macrumors 6502

I don't think Apple said it would stop selling cases. I think they said they'd stop selling screen protectors because it implied the screen could be damaged.

8. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

You're talking about Power Support anti-glare protectors, and yes, they are the "bee's knees". Worry not, you should be able to buy them directly from Power Support website when available.

9. MST macrumors 6502

MST

I remember that I had heard about Apple stopping selling iPhone screen protectors but totally forgot about it until I went into my local Apple Store to buy a Power Support Anti Glare Film for my 3GS, they didn't have any but I thought nothing of it, then I went to several other Apple Stores that didn't have them in stock and it was only at this point that I had a eureka moment and remembered what I had heard.

Although I have since been into 2 different stores and they have had an abundance of them on the display, I spoke to the staff who said it was because they were being sold as anti glare films and not screen protectors :cool: