Apple store Oberhausen, who's coming early?

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by borgqueenx, Mar 8, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Who's coming at least 3 hours before the store opens? And who a bit later but still before opening?
    Would be great te meet fellow apple fanboys:)

2. Daku93 macrumors regular

My original plan was to come there around midnight. However none of my friends want to come with me then, so I'll probably be there around 3-4 hours early.

3. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

4. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

nice nice. Then i think you are a bit behind me, but ok :D

5. Daku93 macrumors regular

Do you know when the Store will start selling the new iPad? Will it be 8:00 like it was with the iPhone 4S? Will it be 10:00 when the store normally opens? Or will it be even later?

6. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

no idea, but would be cool to meet you guys there :)
    to bad we do not know each other so its going to be hard finding each other.
    Il be wearing my angry looking skull apple shirt:
    http://gadgetsin.com/uploads/2010/06/evil_apple_skull_macbook_sticker_2.jpg

7. Daku93 macrumors regular

Okay... I don't know what I'll be wearing. I will tell you the day before.
    And I think I'm going to call the store today or tomorrow and ask them when they'll start selling.
    I'll tell you then.

8. borgqueenx, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice please let me know by mail or pm.
    Also please ask them if they will set up poles with ropes or have a employee at the entrance of the mall to see through that people wont walk over each other.
    I dont want to get through a crowd that cant behave itself.
    and if they have the stock before the store opens would also be great. else i cant rely on my train ticket schedule.

EDIT: i called them today. they didnt know if they would have stock before the opening of the store on launch day.
    They also didnt know if it would be more organised this time. They blame the mall for the not organised mistake.
    I would say its not much of a hassle to put some signs outside of the mall and some poles and rope between them....
    I really hope it wont be chaos. But if im first in line for the mall and people run over me once the mall opens, im just going to walk calmly to the first person at the apple store and put my chair in front of him.

9. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

10. Unprincipled macrumors newbie

I was there in the iPhone 4S chaos and will be there again for the iPad 3. For the people who weren't there: When I arrived for the 4S there were about 20 people in front of me, by the time I got inside the mall there were at least 200 people in front of me and a lot of the people who had been in front of me for the whole night ended up behind me, so it wasn't just me who got f*cked.

There was some sort of a line at first, formed by the people themselves, but since there were no ropes, information or any Apple personnel to guide the process the line just expanded to the sides with people who arrived hours later. The mall entrance was about 20 meters wide. In the morning it was just crammed with people across the whole front. They only opened the 2-meter wide door in the middle and from then on everyone basically got crushed. It wasn't pretty. Inside it was a 100 meter walk to the Apple store, again no control, only some security personnel telling people not to run (nobody seemed to listen).

Inside the mall, near the Apple Store, it wasn't that much better, there was a rope on the left side which would have been fine when there was a wall on the other side. But instead there was a huge recessed (half-circle) storefront which created a new funnel and allowed people to walk past the line and cut in front where the crushing started all over again.

The only thing Apple had done was a little zig-zag-rope directly in front of the store.

I really hope the Apple store gets its ***** together and puts at least some effort into organizing the line this time. They really blame the mall for what happened? They should have known better.

11. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

please, call them. il do that to for the third time tommorow. if they get enough calls, they may see the need to do things otherwise. they could have learned from their mistake.

12. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

13. scschulte macrumors newbie

Apple CentrO Store Oberhausen

Does anyone know what the odds are of me being able to purchase a black 64 gb WiFi ONLY iPad 3 at the Oberhausen Store on Friday 16 March if I drive 150 km from Belgium? Does this store have an eMail address?

Thanks!

Thursday 15 March 2012