apple store on june 24, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Jun 18, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

if i ask apple to not activate my iphone will they do this, bc im switching upgrades with my dad and need to go to att to switch after i pick it up at apple. it will make it a lot easier if they can. i need to know this so plz help!!!

2. iCHiRS macrumors member

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

so why not just order from att from the beginning

4. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i have an apple gift card for $100 dollars that i got like a year ago, was waiting for this iphone to use it

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I've talked to a couple Apple Store Managers, and both told me they absolutely HAVE to activate the phone before you leave and walk out with it. So long as you want to pay the subsidized price. I was told that's the deal they have with AT&T. If you want it sealed, you can buy it unsubsidized (which to my knowledge is not possible on launch day), or have ordered it online.

6. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

well att said they could switch the plan but i think it would be easier if they didnt have to activate, so i was just wondering

7. Sinfire macrumors regular

I would agree with the others, if you want the subsidized price, you are going to have to activate it at the store. Otherwise, what is to stop you from getting a subsidized phone, jail breaking it, and then going to T-Mobile ?

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

How about the fact that you had to sign a two year contract with AT&T to get it in the first place? That might stop you.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Not true. I have an unsub. phone reserved. It was the default option on the Apple Store app. when it could not reach the ATT servers. It's still confirmed, though I won't be picking it up b/c I was able to get a subsidized phone shipped to me.

10. mb2008 macrumors regular

I've activated at Apple and gone right across the street to the ATT store to switch. It's really not that big of a deal, as long as the account owner is present.

11. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

are you doing an upgrade swap? I thought Apple could do that as well by just calling AT&T when you purchase your phone at the Apple store.

12. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Or just go to an AT&T store later after purchasing it will help.

13. lilchub101 macrumors member

I have asked 3 apple store employes

I have asked 3 apple store employes they all said they would do the upgrade swap at the apple store for me. Has anyone had this work before for them?