All iPads Apple store online Black Friday mini-rant

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sslee, Nov 29, 2013.

1. sslee macrumors newbie

It seems I can't use my apple store gift card towards the purchase of any promo items that return a gift card. I can understand their exclusion of using the promo credit towards the current purchase, but this makes no sense at all! Chat rep response "They didn't tell us why." So my 64 GB wifi+cell iPad air will have to wait...

2. Vladislav macrumors regular

Unless you can buy it now, and get another gift card to add to your all others :D For iphone 6 maybe? or next MacBook Pro? :p

3. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Try going into the store?

4. sslee thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping to avoid the in-store chaos--rep could not tell me if they would allow in-store use. Also, I wanted to stack shop-discover 5+5% discounts on the remaining balance as the iPad air is no longer excluded. :p picked up the rMBP this Spring. I assume this would not have been a problem if the were offering last year's $41 discount

5. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

I definitely saw lots of people using gift cards to buy iPhones, iPads, macs, etc today.

6. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

We used the gift card to buy AppleCare without any issues.

7. luqtotheman macrumors regular

I bought two iPads, rang them up in two transactions. I used one of the gift cards to lower the price of the other ipad and still received the other gift at the same it me. I did this all in store and explained it clearly before I made the our chase to remove any confusion.

Couldn't be happier.