Apple Store online ( germany ) and my foreign credit card

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vodkaPT, Sep 27, 2013.

1. vodkaPT macrumors member

In a shot way:

I want to buy a iMac in apple store online Germany to delivery in Germany, using my portuguese apple store id and credit card.

It will work? I read so much about expats problems related to apple store/itunes world wide, apparently apple assume that people only move countries in holidays. Or if not, they know the local language and the first think they do is to get a local credit card and change the apple store location.

I didn't order yet the iMac in Germany due to some issues, however, since my credit card is from Portugal and is not in my plans to have a German credit card ( I have an german account anyway ) I am afraid that apple will simply block me of having a custom apple.

2. pmau macrumors 65816

I would choose wire-transfer as the payment option.

Probably someone needs to verify your identity, because they might assume that someone from germany stole your apple ID and CC ;)

That sounds unlikely, but it might be the reason why someone might flag your order. It might be delayed, might be handled manually and so forth.

I would simply choose a different payment method.

(If you moved here, you probably should open a bank account anyway if you pay rent, need money transfers, etc.)

3. sazza85 macrumors member

Why not call Apple sales and speak to them about it?

Obviously the issue is your billing address would be completely different to the delivery address, but if you explain it to them, it might not be a problem, only they can advise you.