Apple Store online won't let me get home delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PaulieORF, Jun 15, 2010.

1. PaulieORF macrumors regular

When I go through the process and am at the point where I choose home delivery or in-store pick up, the Apple Store online only lets me pick up in store. Under the left side where you'd choose home delivery it says "We were unable to complete set up online. To finish creating your account, you’ll need to visit an Apple Retail Store where we can help you in person."

This happens to for two lines on my account. I was successful at having one of my lines setup fine for home delivery. I really don't want to have to go into the Apple Store for this, that was the whole point of ordering online. Anyone else having this problem?

2. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

3. arom macrumors 6502

Having the issue as well! And ATT does not even show iPHone4 as an option for me!!

4. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Its one of the MANY problems their store is having right now

5. r2b2007 macrumors regular

It happened to me. Started at 4:00 finally given choice only to reserve at 4:45 and took it. Reservation confirmation came at 6:20.

6. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

When I got to AT&T's site I am able to get the iPhone 4, however AT&T is telling me I won't get the phone until the 25th with them, so I'd like to not do that.

7. arom macrumors 6502

I only see 3GS. Anybody else not seeing iPhone4 as an opton with att.com when clicking the pre-order?

8. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

yes you can .. i think you are just getting confused .. there are two options one says add to cart which is for HOME delivery and the other pick up.. choose add to cart and it will ship to your house

9. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Yes. And when you order it doesnt say the 24th or the 25th. It says overnight Fedex Delivery. The date of delivery is earlier in the order process which says 24th if pre ordered by june 22, but then it says "based on available inventory. Orders online are taken on a first come first serve basis".

10. arom macrumors 6502

APPLE.COM:
    Make a reservation.
    We were unable to complete set up online.
    To finish creating your account, you’ll need to visit an Apple Retail Store where we can help you in person.

WTF!? What if I don't live near an Apple Retail Store? :confused:

APPLE = FAIL

11. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

No, I'm not. There's no add to cart option...

[​IMG]

12. krogren macrumors member

I'm getting the same thing as well. However, I don't live anywhere close to an Apple store.

13. jbellanca macrumors 6502

Same problems I've been having since 7:30am. Still can't preorder.

14. manjaap macrumors member

yea same thing here. in the end i sucked it up and reserved it at my local apple store. called in to confirm they had my reservation and he was able to confirm it went through and said as long as i came in on the 24th i would be able to get one. then i asked if there was anyway i could get it delivered and the guy told me the online store wasnt doing home deliveries as of right now. this is just insanity.

15. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I had this problem for a few hours, just keep trying and eventually on that left side you will get the home delivery option!

16. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

I gave up and went to Best Buy. In and out in less then 10 minutes and pre-ordered 2 iPhone 4s. Life is good.

17. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I don't trust Best Buy even a little bit to actually RESERVE a phone for you. They will likely take your deposit and sell the phone FCFS.

18. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

Well I wanted to check with the guy before I reserved it. He said that they'll be opening early on the 24th, and that they'll also be calling a couple days in advance to actually schedule a time for each person who reserved to come in and get their phone. This guy has been working at their mobile section for a long time and I've dealt with him before, so I feel pretty good about it. Much better than frustratingly trying to get an order in on a bottle-necked web site. Of course, activation on the 24th will probably yield just as tragic results for all.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yep, that's my situation also. They offered Syracuse and Albany. Both of those are 200 miles round trip.

I'm going to wait and go to an AT&T corporate store sometime this summer, I think. Unless my occasional travels will take me somewhere near one of those Apple stores, then :cool: I will be coming home with an iPhone 4 for sure.