Apple Store or Apple Online Store...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by utradar, Mar 20, 2009.

1. utradar macrumors newbie

I'm about to get one of the new Mac Minis, and I'm wondering if I should go down to my local Apple Store (I'm in Nashville, Tennessee) or if I should order it through Apple's site. Obviously I'm looking for the least expensive route. Thanks!

2. heesey1010 macrumors member

Don't think it matters either way. You still have to pay Sales tax, Apple Online is free shipping and the ability to customize your computer. (Apple Retail can do this too, but it might vary by location. I also don't have a real confirmed answer on this). If you buy on Apple Online and for some reason want to return you have to return to Apple Online.

3. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

You may end up spending more if you go to the actual store because you'll see your other options ;) Might be a good thing though to see everything hands on prior to purchase if it isn't too much out of your way. Could also pick up your needed accessories all in one trip, rather than waiting for each little piece to come in through the mail.

4. utradar thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I don't plan on picking up any accessories other than the Apple Remote, but I figured they would send that in the box with the Mini. I could be mistaken though.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Doesn't matter. Online store has you select your state for Tax purposes. Might as well go to the retail store, that way you'll have it faster.

6. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

i agree with most of the posts on here... but buy it from your local apple store and support them!

Its an experience walking out of an Apple store with their fancy bags and knowing that you have a great purchase as the sun's rays hit you on ur face and the nashville wind blows through ur hair! :p

7. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

+1. I love the experience of buying from an :apple: store.

8. utradar thread starter macrumors newbie

Physical Apple store it is!

Now to sell my Powerbook G4 17"!

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    To craigslist!! ;)

10. txnoob macrumors 6502

The remote no longer comes with the new Mini. $19 accessory.

11. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

The costs should be identical. The only difference is the instant gratification of walking out with your purchase right then and there..........

Even most of the upgrade deals that are touted on the online store can be had at the "brick and mortar", if you just ask.

I was able to get the RAM upgrade, and the $30 off for iWork, and have the pleasure of enjoying my purchase as soon as I got home, instead of waiting a week or so........