Apple Store or eBay?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by What, Jun 12, 2009.

1. What macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard about the MSN live.com promotion? Apparently if you buy through live.com using paypal, you can get 8% off (up to $200 off). I think they had one last year, but I was wondering if anyone actually did it and get their rebates back.

Here aer my questions:

1) Does it work?
    2) If so, would it better for me to buy a 2.4 ghz Aluminum Macbook for $1200 (1300 - 100 dollars) or spend 1200 + tax for a lowend 13.3 inch Macbook Pro?

2. crzdmniac macrumors regular

The offers work fine, it does take some time though. Just make sure you follow the guidelines (buy it now + paypal) and you should be fine. Guidlines can be found here.

3. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

Just be careful. I bought a unibody Macbook brand new, and I am having warranty issues. The serial number was never registered with Apple, and a Paypal receipt is not good enough for proof of purchase. By the way, the seller had 100% feedback over 7000+.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Personally I think dealing with apple you dealing with a known quantity. There's a little bit of a risk with eBay and possible issues with the warranty as stated by the other poster.

You don't want to be penny-wise and pound-foolish. You're spending a lot of money for a laptop, the last thing you want is to cut corners to save little bit of money and then have problems down the road.