Apple Store Order finally went through

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WizardHunt, Oct 7, 2011.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I just now got through the Apple Store. However they did have a error prior to this stating that they are unable to take orders at this time. Then suddenly it started working but it was like a short version.

They let me choose the iPhone, GB amount, and color and had me sign into my account. Then displayed a reservation number stating that when it was time to complete my order I would be contact via email.

I guess I got my iphones ordered. I ordered a Black and White version. Mine was not done through the app. It was done on my iMac through the internet.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I got the same thing, but it seems weird they didn't bother to confirm data plan, etc. I don't yet have the confirmation e-mail.

3. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Their connection to AT&T died, so rather than just let the store go to hell, they are giving out reservations, then they will process the reservations and then verify everyone is eligible...

Basically AT&Ts system is garbage, so thus we suffer.

4. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I did get a confirmation with my reservation numbers on there but still waiting for the 2nd email which I assume will be tomorrow sometime maybe.

----------

You could very well be correct on that!

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

How long did it take you to get the first e-mail?
    Edit: just got it. Took about 10 minutes.

6. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Same here - I got my first confirmation email about 5 mins after getting through. I have not gotten the second one to confirm the plan though. Wonder how long that will take - as in do I wait up for that? Since I have a reservation number does that mean I am good to go?

7. paulold macrumors 6502

Just tried again (been trying since 3 EST) and it finally worked. For the record, I ordered a iPhone 4S 64 GB Black on Verizon via the Apple Store and I am currently an iPhone 4 AT&T customer. It appears to have gone all the way thru to giving me an order number with a delivery date of the 14th. It doesn't look like a reservation to me. And I just got my confirmation email from Apple with again an order number on it. Looks like I was successful.

Keep trying folks.

Off to bed.

8. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I would say Yes you are good to go , or ok to go to bed. ;)

9. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

This was on the e-mail

10. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Mine said, Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: 000000000000 (number zeroed out)

We will email you at this address (Email address) when it’s time to complete your order. At that time, you will return to the Apple Store to confirm pricing and plan selection.

This looks to be pretty standard based upon AT&T's website problem.

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

12. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Pretty much or worse.