Apple Store out of Warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pantomimehorse, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Pantomimehorse macrumors newbie

Ok so I have a Mac Book Pro 2008 (alu case model with removal battery) obviously its out of warranty now but last Sept it developed a video fault and my business partner had Apple replace the logic board FOC and that fixed the problem.

The issue since the board was replaced the MB wont charge the battery and as hes been using the MB as a desktop machine he wasn't bothered about this but as soon as I found out (last week!) I wanted to get this fixed so Im going to my appointment at the Genius bar today, do you think they will fix this for free?

it would seem its related to them replacing the board as before the battery charged fine, Ive tried a new battery and it wont charge so its the MB for sure that's the issue.

----------

oh I meant to say the reason they fixed FOC last time is that its a known fault ( the board problem)

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

You should have fixed it at that time the original repair was made. I believe there is only a 90 day warranty on repair work.

3. Pantomimehorse thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it says that on the paperwork he was given, I was thinking maybe as its a known fault they might sort it? am I dreaming?>

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

It might be something inexpensive to repair, or it might be the original logic board replacement was defective. It doesn't hurt to have it checked out.