Apple Store painfully slow on my SR MacBook

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Enjoying my new MacBook but hit upon a weird problem.

When I try to go on the UK Apple Store it is painfully slow, I get a beach ball for about 5 minutes per click and sometimes causes Firefox to force quit. Similar problems with Safari.

(I clicked on a link before writing this post, still spinning....)

Every other website (including MR) is fine. I've tried it wireless and with ethernet, and I can get into the Apple Store fine from work or my old G3 iMac.

Any ideas?

Oh, and if anybody knows where the Delete button is (not the backspace) could you let me know where it is?

Cheers.

triddent222

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Somewhere interesting
Oh, and if anybody knows where the Delete button is (not the backspace) could you let me know where it is?
The Delete button is the same as the Backspace button. To use the 'forward; delete function, press Fn + Delete (or get an input remapper).

Also, Apple UK Online store works fine for me.

Comment

soul12

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2007
i have the same issue as well. i thought it was beause of the multiply tabs but even if i have the apple store as the site only opened, it still beachballs.

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It is slow on my iMac it is pretty much the only site I have come across that causes problems in Safari 3.0.4.

Comment

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
It is slow on my iMac it is pretty much the only site I have come across that causes problems in Safari 3.0.4.
I see you got your new SR MacBook today. How is the Apple Store on it?

I tried changing my firewall to accept all incoming but still makes no difference.

Comment

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
On all computers that I've used, the UK Apple Store has been slow and causes occasional crashes.
You woulda thought that they would of got it to work well with their own browser ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.