Apple Store Park Meadows!!!! Who's excited? (plus other questions)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Apr 17, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

So, the Apple Store Park Meadows is opening Saturday. Who's excited, and who's going?

So, they're giving away a BlackBook, and the official rules say it's a Core Duo. Why wouldn't it be a Core 2 Duo??

Also, when do the first 1,000 T-shirts get given away? Is it worth coming right at its opening at 9:30?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

people line up... some people get their at like 530 AM to get to be the first people....

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

yup, i thought no one would be at the derby street opening, boy was i wrong. The boston opening is going to be insane

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

when the first 1,000 people entered the store.... Out of the store opening i've been to their's still a line by the time i leave. Its so crowed that you just want to leave cause its so busy their, you can't play nor ask questions. Get the shirt take a look around then leave....

7. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

But, when do the 1,000 get their T-shirts? An hour in? Half hour in?

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

It depends on how long the line is. Is this the first store in the area? I always arrive around 8ish for a 10AM opening and make friends on the line, so i'm one if the first groups of people let into the store

9. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

This is the fifth store in the front range. Park Meadows is the #2 mall in the area, whereas Cherry Creek Mall is #1. The store there is by far the most popular store in the mall, and Park Meadows is closer to a lot of people, so I'd expect a lot of people here.

10. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

You get a t-shirt in a cool box as you walk in. They let in the store capacity: 2-300. I found the grand opening very well managed, and was approached several times by an associate. S/he was always friendly, helpful, and not pushy - except for the guy telling me about the credit card company they're working with. He wasn't so pushy, but he did tell the whole story, which was his job.

I arrived at 7:30 am with my family at the Birmingham AL Grand Opening. We were 13th - 16th in line. It was much fun being some of the first few to enter the store.