Apple store policy... Outrageous

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Giver '94, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Foot in mouth:eek::eek::eek:.....Not that I said anything wrong...... Mods please delete this thread. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

And what do you think they are going to do with the earphones that you put in your ears after you pass on them.

Get over it. I'm glad they don't let you try on headphones that I may be buying, Clearly, given your post, you are similarly glad.

Get off of your high horse and think of others as you think of yourself.

3. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Hmm..... never thought of that...

4. adversecamber macrumors regular

Why have you posted this twice??

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5928380#post5928380

5. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Wasteland works for me. :p

7. Mr. Giver '94 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I love your signature. I know someone with the toilet story, but it was when the original iPhone came out. They somehow got a new one and have gone through two more. (dropping one and losing the other) :eek:

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

wow, seriously? you have such a temper tantrum over not being able to try before you buy and act like you've put so much thought into this that your result is that you think Apple's policy is stupid, yet this never crossed your mind?

Assuming there's no restocking fee or anything of the sort, then there is no difference to them opening it to let you try it, as opposed to you buying first to try then return it. The end result is the same- there's an opened package that no one is going to want to buy. At $100-$200 a pop, a company can't afford to bend to the whim of someone thinking they're better than everyone else.

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Good! I wouldn't want to buy headphones that you've stuck in your ears. How is not letting you try on headphones being like Microsoft?

10. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

What's Best Buy's or Circuit City's policy about "trying" headphones in the store before purchasing?

11. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

I actually dropped an old motorola clamshell into the toilet by accident a few years ago. :)

12. truciet macrumors 6502

omg you're just stupid. I'm sorry but dam. ARE YOU THAT STUPID?

Reason for the buy and refund process is because if they do the correct process, they will return the "opened" product to the manufacturers for credit and get another one in the store for morons like you to try out again and repeat the process.

Do walmart have any headsets open for you to try out? Circuit City? Best Buy?

NO! Shut up and move on you moron!

13. aphexii macrumors 6502

I really hope your post is some strange attempt at a joke because if not, I really think you need to stop and think about what you just posted.

I'm scared for humanity.

14. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Oh, let me get that hunk of yellow ear wax off of those Bose headphones for you. Ok, now try them.
    I'm sure that will go over like a fart in church.

15. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Okay, now that everyone is through dragging you through the dirt, if you want the next best thing to being able to listen in-store, check out TTVJ.com or Headphone.com; they have nothing but excellent products and they have a wonderful return policy if you're dissatisfied with your purchase. Some people even buy more than one pair to try out for extended listening and then return the one they don't want.

16. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

yeah...you just wanted to be treated special...Apple and other earphone companies should eat the price every time someone wants to try on their earphones. Be thankful they allow you to return opened earphones at all. A company solely committed to profit wouldn't allow you to return opened earphones. Just like they don't allow you to return opened software.

Leaving the thread open is the price the moderators want you to pay (/me thinks) for not thinking your post through a little longer before posting it.

17. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

I was Laughing while reading your post... are you kidding right ? Apple has the best service so far, never had any problem to replace anything...

18. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

If you didn't say anything wrong, why did you delete your original post? :p

19. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Hey, a little ear wax is good for the soul. Especially that heavy brown stuff. :p

If you want this to happen, may I suggest reporting yourself with the little red triangle.

Personally, if they do anything, I hope they just wasteland the thread. :)

20. elbirth macrumors 65816

exactly. just like all the people in the main iPhone forum whining that the chrome bezzle isn't flush with the front of the phone by the mere thickness of a fingernail, or they have a single stuck pixel, think they have negative black, blah blah blah blah. all these people feel like they're somehow special and should get a 100% perfect product just because they paid "so much" for it and it's Apple after all. I shudder to think how many used iPhones Apple has racked up on all these frivolous returns

21. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Well...some I can understand. Dead pixels or stuck pixels that can't be fixed I can completely understand. The others you mentioned...yeah frivolous.

22. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Eh, the products would be significantly more expensive to manufacture if they had a "zero tolerance" policy on dead or stuck pixels. I can understand if you're actually OCD and it would cause you serious psychological damage to have them, but normal people should just suck it up. My iPod 5G had a stuck pixel, and even though it's a pretty small screen, even THEN it was barely noticeable. iPhones and laptop displays, even less so.