Apple Store - "Processing items"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Melodeath, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I ordered on the 8th, a day after the pre-orders started, pretty much right after Apple switched the shipping times to "1-2 Weeks." My order still says Processing Items, so I really have no idea when I'll get it, other than knowing it wont arrive Friday.

My local Radio Shack is taking pre-orders for pickup on Friday. I'm thinking about just canceling my Apple pre-order and going to RadioShack, so that I can get the phone on Friday.

So...

1) Does Apple charge a re-stocking or cancellation fee?
    2) Do you think they are going to open the phone and try to "set it up" for me at RadioShack. I'd rather get an unopened box and set it up totally myself.

Thanks

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Did you use an upgrade when buying the phone? If so, when you cancel your order, your "upgrade eligibility" needs to be restored on your account which usually takes 3-7 days.

You won't get charged a cancellation fee if you cancel before the order moves to "Preparing for Shipment."

I imagine Radio Shack would let you open it yourself if you request that.

3. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I did buy with upgrade eligibility. 3-7 days would totally ruin the plan :(

4. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I called AT&T, they said 3 days is automatic. But I think RadioShack can't pre-order any more Black 32GB, so i wouldn't even be able to pick one up on Saturday. :(

I thought the 4S was unpopular enough that I didnt have to pre-order within 24 hours to get it on launch day...

5. bfired macrumors newbie

Do you think the Sprint store would have the same policy if I ordered on apple's website and tried to pick one up in store tomorrow?

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

nevermind, misunderstood something making my comment irrelevant