Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redmeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
love that everyone in here is begging for coupons and hardly anyone actually has any haha. its apple people, come on. we all know discounts are limited

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
i got a coupon from apple when i phoned in and complained about lack of firewire on the macbooks =)

i dont quite understand this thread...why would I want to give someone my code...its only good once =s

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
i dont quite understand this thread...why would I want to give someone my code...its only good once =s

They used to send them with emails. Peeps that weren't purchasing anything before they expired would post them here so that they would get used.

highjumppudding

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2008
call apple and tell them that you dont have money to pay the price... they will bargain with you. i used to work at apple and we did it all the time. actually, no we didnt. apple doesn't care if you dont get a deal on their gear. find someone that can use an education discount. for most items it is a great discount.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
call apple and tell them that you dont have money to pay the price... they will bargain with you. i used to work at apple and we did it all the time. actually, no we didnt. apple doesn't care if you dont get a deal on their gear.

weird comment...

find someone that can use an education discount. for most items it is a great discount.

5% :eek:

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
This isn't an Apple store promo code, but if anyone wants it, it's all yours. First come first served. $15 off Western Digital product of $100 or more purchased on their online web site. hudpjqeyz

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 183

mikekrabb

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Maple Grove, MN 55311
Promo code?

Wondering if anyone in the US has a discount code for purchasing the macbook pro? I was looking at purchasing one. My Macbook died... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
Welcome, Mike.

Apple coupon codes haven't been seen in the wild in some time (I would love someone to correct me on this :p). The best-kept secret for savings at the apple store is the refurbished mac. What’s so great about it?

1. It performs and looks like new
2. You get the same one-year warranty as new
3. The computer carries the same eligibility for Apple Care as new
4. It is fully tested (including full burn-in testing)
5. It is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing
6. It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected
7. It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) - nothing is missing
8. It includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system
9. It is placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock
10. You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code ($150 on a low end MacBook; $750 on a high-end MacBook Pro).

Anecdotal evidence on this and other fora is that apple does a darn good job with refurbishment. I've had nothing but refurbed macs and ipods for the past several years and I've been thrilled with all of them.

Patillac

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
Golden State
Welcome, Mike.

The best-kept secret for savings at the apple store is the refurbished mac.

Techhound, Ive been been going back and forth for about a month debating whether to get a new/refurb iMac, and of course waiting until MWSF :mad: but i'm ready to pull the trigger. I have listed my choices below with the corresponding prices (my wonderful gf got me a $200 gift card to apple so that is reflected in the price). I'm not a designer or programmer, just a normal user who likes to toy around w/web dev & photo editing, but JUST as a hobby!! I've heard good things about the refurbs and would love to hear your thoughts about my options below!! Thanks in advance.

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
$1349
24-inch glossy widescreen display
2GB memory
320GB hard drive

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
$1099
1GB memory (would want to upgrade)
320GB hard drive

New iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
$1499 (educational discount included as well)
2GB memory
320GB hard drive

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I've heard good things about the refurbs and would love to hear your thoughts about my options below!!

Hi Pat, I'm PMing a response to you but re-post your request in the general buying tips section and you'll get a ton more opinions ;)

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
Techhound, Ive been been going back and forth for about a month debating whether to get a new/refurb iMac....

I don't know about you, but if I wasn't buying a portable, I'd be comfortable going the craigslist or ebay route for something that was still under warranty. For my portables, I would only buy from apple (refurbished though if possible - I'm comfortable with that) just because portables get beat up so much.

But I'm about to get a mac mini off of craigslist on monday for a few hundred less than what it sells for new.

Welcome, Mike.
Apple coupon codes haven't been seen in the wild in some time (I would love someone to correct me on this :p). The best-kept secret for savings at the apple store is the refurbished mac. What’s so great about it?
7. It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) - nothing is missing
10. You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code ($150 on a low end MacBook; $750 on a high-end MacBook Pro).

Techound1, actually, when I bought my refurbished 15" 2.2ghz macbook pro (through you actually - remember I got that nice rebate on top also?), it did not come in a new box. It came in a thicker, more square ordinary box. Also, the savings you're describing seem pretty significant - $750 on a high-end macbook pro? I always thought it was $100 or maybe $200 more on top of the education discount (Which itself is.. $100 or $200 off?).

Also, when you buy refurb, I think one downside maybe that you can't take advantage of the usual $100 rebate for selecting a printer - so you can get a free printer out of it, or sell it and get some more money back.

This isn't an Apple store promo code, but if anyone wants it, it's all yours. First come first served. $15 off Western Digital product of $100 or more purchased on their online web site. hudpjqeyz

Ultimately, how was this deal? I need to get a new external hard drive and want a triple interface one with FW800.

clearpoint

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Not Exactly a Coupon, but...

you can save some money this way, so I thought I should post this anyway.

If you're planning to buy something from the online Apple Store, Mac Connection, or Mac Mall, then check out this Squidoo lens.

Basically, you can get a 1.8% "moneyback rebate" at the Apple Store, and a 2.7% one at Mac Mall and Mac Connection. I tried it once and got a rebate back, so it seems legit. (keep in mind that you don't get the rebate back immediately...it takes about a month)

I hope this helps someone out there.

JohnBuer

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2009
WOW. That was a lot of post to read trough.
Maybe I missed it, but did anyone see any for TigerDirect?
Bt.gif

JB

clearpoint

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
WOW. That was a lot of post to read trough.
Maybe I missed it, but did anyone see any for TigerDirect?
Bt.gif

JB

Hey John,

I just checked, and it looks like you can get a 1.8% rebate through Big Crumbs. Just click the link in my post directly above yours to sign up. Hope this helps!

bonjourmathieu

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2009
first macbook ever~

Hi everyone,

Im gonna buy my very first macbook...probly the latest 2.0 aluminum macbook from apple.ca, I was wondering if anyone would be kind to give me a $30 or $40 off promo code?

Btw, does anyone know if there's any cash back program that works with apple.ca?

Thanks a lot.

orsfan21

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2009
The best-kept secret for savings at the apple store is the refurbished mac. What’s so great about it?

1. It performs and looks like new

I never understood why people knock refurbs. If the manufacture fixes a known problem and sells it as a refurb, everyone wins. MUCH better than most promo codes.
smile.gif

Go reasonably priced Apple hardware! :apple:

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Hey guys, i am new here. But i was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to send me one of the discount codes or cupons or something.

I am getting ready to buy the Macbook Pro 15' 1999.00 and i get $100 off for being a collage student. Little more discount would be nice.

Please let me know. please email me before sending code so many diffrent people dont alot of codes. THANK YOU

My email is: max_ukr@hotmail.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.