Apple store question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortman, Mar 18, 2011.

1. shortman macrumors member

So are apple stores getting them everyday it's just a matter of getting there early enough. Or do you have to get their early and hope that they have stock?

Thanks

2. rondz macrumors regular

rondz

No one really knows right now, I mean maybe the store managers but even then it's not released to the general public until the day that they open. Through both of my experiences that I've tried to get an iPad 2 at the Apple Stores that open early (9am) it's all a matter of getting there about 2 1/2 to 3 hours early and hoping they have enough stock in the version you want and hoping that they will even receive a shipment. The first time I went, I came at 9:15am and was 10 people shy of getting one, the second time I went at a different location, I came 2 1/2 hours early and the manager came out to tell the line that there is no iPads at 8am. So I am guessing they don't know if they will get shipments until that time. My suggestion is calling Apple Stores near you and asking if they will open early then see if they will be receiving shipments the following day (if you're lucky because they'll just tell you it's magical) to ensure your spot in line for a purpose. The second time I went, I called that store and they said, "We will be opening early and sell iPad 2s IF we have them," sure enough I thought it was a sham to reduce the extremely long lines that form in the morning but it was true, they really had none. It made no sense to me at first because why would a store open early and pay employees for the extra hour of work without the presence of an iPad 2? But hey, I guess they just can because they are Apple.