Apple Store Reciepts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pixieweez, Apr 24, 2008.

1. pixieweez macrumors newbie

Hi, so I bought a new charger for my ibook last june and it has broken. I went into the apple store i bought it at and asked if it had a warranty. They told me that i could exchange it if i had a receipt. Well of course last month I cleaned up and threw it away. I tried searching this but, is there a way to have them get me a new receipt? should i be allowed to exchange it without my original one? I found the charge on my bank statement...but i doubt that helps much.

2. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

The manager will be able to look up purchases with a credit/debit card number.

3. asmallchild macrumors regular

i'd highly recommend having apple send you receipts to your email account as well

archive it in your gmail account and boom, instantly saved forever

i really like apple's way of doing business in their stores

4. danny_w macrumors 601

That would be great, except that they always get my email address wrong. This makes about 3 times in a row now.

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Unless you go to different stores, it is in their database under your name. I only had to give it to them once. As long as you're speaking with a manager, have him correct it.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

Yes I know they have it, but every time they try to correct it they still get it wrong.

7. asmallchild macrumors regular

hand it to em on a business card

or pick an easier email addy ;)