Apple store refused 2011 mbp purchase!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Treeman574, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Treeman574 macrumors regular

This afternoon, after much consideration, I went to my local apple store (Robina, Australia) and tried to purchase the low end 2011 15" mbp.

The apple genius said that they had all models in stock but hadn't completed the stock check. He claimed that all models would be ready to purchase within the hour and even pointed out a palette of 2.0GHz 15" boxes moved from behind the counter out back.

Shortly afterwards he announced that his shift was ending and another supervisor would be taking over. From then on all the staff claimed that there were no 2.0GHz 15" models in stock.

They kept trying to sell me 2.2GHz 15" and 17" models until I gave up arguing over hour later.

I don't understand why apple would try to turn down a sale so much. Do apple employees only get bonuses for high end sales? In any case, I'll never be shopping there again. Worst retail experience ever.

2. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Dang, sucks they stiffed you on a new MBP. No manger to talk to?

3. baddj macrumors 6502

That has to suck mate, give apple a call tomorrow (133 MAC) and tell them you wanted to by 2.0GHz 15" and was told they where in sock and later on told there was none when there was?

4. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

Call them up and complain, you might get a discount for the inconvenience.

My friend ordered a MacBook Pro off the Apple Store online last year and he didn't realize that they don't include tax on the order confirmation screen. When he got the bill and saw the total price with the tax he called Apple and basically complained for about 5 minutes and they gave him $250 off.

5. Davichi macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that, but it is sold out. Move on.

6. braindead5400 macrumors regular

It's not really surprising. They're probably trying to get rid of older stock. I went to an Apple store last night and there was no mention of the new MBPs. I saw at least three people buy the older model last night completely unaware of the fact that new ones were released.

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

No, you missed the point, they had them but couldn't sell it to him cause they hadn't checked them in yet (the first salesguy even pointed out the pallet of them).

But that was a sleezy way of doing it (the second supervisor claiming that they had none).

I can understand not being able to sell them cause they hadn't checked them in yet (they have to be able to make sure that the amount they received was what they were supposed to get), but then to turn around and just claim they didn't have any yet and to try to get him to buy a different model when he kept insisting he wasn't interested?! That's ridiculous.

They should have at least apologized that they were unable yet to sell the computers and offered to hold one for the OP until he could come back and get one. Or if they were that insistent he buy some other and more expensive computer at least offer him a discount on that computer. Otherwise they should have maybe asked if he wanted the higher one and if he said no, leave it at that. Apologize that they couldn't sell him that model (and not lie about not having it) and maybe do something like holding one for him or some sort of act of goodwill to show they really cared that they couldn't get what he wanted at that time.

OP, I'd complain to apple's customer service line about the store's treatment (or ask them who is the best person to complain about it anyways) of you. That's just ridiculous.

8. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Wow and you stood there and said nothing. I would have told them. I don't like seeing people get done wrong.

9. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

lol you are so quick to try to be a smart ass and you could not even comprehend what the OP said.