Apple Store Regent Street - 6pm - who's joining me?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aravintht, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

So the key note starts at 6PM in the UK, who's up for reading it in the Apple store?

btw we can't get chucked out for it can we?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It's fun. I'd recommend getting there in early so you can get yourself a laptop or desktop to read the news as it comes in though.

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Sounds like a waste to me, but we'll see. When I did the iPhone, I took a lawn chair and my (then current) phone, a htc tytn with some headphones for music.

Everyone was nice and I got interviewed for the evening news.

Also waited out the wii (mostly to scalp on ebay) but that was freezing and way longer, so I bundled up and listened to music the whole time.

4. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N70-3 Ireland-Opera: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Symbian OS; Nokia N70/2.0539.1.2; 6366) Opera 8.01 [en])

Pity I won't get the chance to go to an Apple Store as theres not even 1 bloody store in Ireland :(

Posting this on my soon-to-be old phone :)

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I really want to know the price of these things in different countries. I always find it interesting.

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Just go to the Apple Store online and change your country preference.

7. Aravintht thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Haha, sounds cool. :D Go for it!

I doubt they'll kick you out. I'm sure they'll probably laugh and let you carry on. Apple Stores are generally quite nice places to be. And the staff at the Regent Street store are quite nice, apparently.

Plus you're not being disruptive... and you're not just checking out your MyBook or FacePalm or whatever like more of the other mindless people who go there.

9. hob macrumors 68020

hob

I heard a long time ago that they used to show the Keynotes in the U.S. stores, certainly those with theatre areas...

But never have I found a store in the UK doing so. I once asked the manager of the Regent Street store about 4pm before a WWDC keynote and he made a joke about the fact that none of his staff would be working, they'd all just watch they keynote - if he were to show it... :(