Apple Store Registry?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vchalupa, Feb 23, 2008.

1. vchalupa macrumors member

I'm looking to buy a new MBP this summer after I graduate. I am currently in the midst of planning a grad party and I was wondering if anyone knew if I could open something like an Apple store registry so that all my gifts go in towards the MBP purchase.

My alternative is to request the guests to buy Apple gift cards and then going to my local Apple store but I would like to buy the laptop online. So will apple be able to combine multiple gift cards into one big gift card worth a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars?

Thanks...any info is greatly appreciated

2. Spievy macrumors regular

I know apple will accept up to 4 Gift Cards on their online store.

Hope that helps

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You'd be better off asking for cash and telling people what you are looking to get. As the poster above said, you can only use 4 cards when buying online. You will only be able to use more than 4 cards at an Apple Store and then can only buy a stock configuration.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Am I the only one who thinks that asking people to buy you something is incredibly rude?

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

See, I didn't exactly ask my relatives to give me a computer for my grad party.

I got some of the money from the grad party and put it towards a Mac Pro.

I think it's the smarter way to go about doing it in my opinion.

Also, I think you'll be able to use an education discount if its for college I assume (might be totally wrong).

6. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

i did not know that...kinda stupid that they put a limit on it.

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

yes, but you can go to a store and ask to buy one giftcard and use the four as payment-- so, if you get 4 $100 cards, ask to buy a $400 one

8. vchalupa thread starter macrumors member

Ya, I figured this is what I would end up doing. Thanks to everyone for their responses.