Apple Store Rep: April 20-30

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WiiMarioHacker, Apr 9, 2010.

1. WiiMarioHacker macrumors member

Went to the Apple store to play with the iPad, and asked about the 3G version. Apparently it will be released around April 20-30. (25-ish); and was also told that it would be the same with the Wi-Fi version; getting it the same day its released. I'm guessing it will be "prepared for shipping" on the 19th. (One of my dreams I had years ago said "it will happen on the 19th.") So, lets just wait and see.

I also picked up a pack of three of :apple:iTunes gift cards. I'll buying Pages and Keynote, but not Numbers yet; as I have another :apple:iTunes GC coming in.

Also, purchasing something AT the Apple store was something else. Scanning the items up via their iPhones/iPod Touches. At first, it threw me off, VERY WEIRD. Not to mention the "guessing game."

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Their POS systems are iPod Touches with a custom software called EasyPay. I've been commissioned to make a system similar to Apple's software. What I can tell you is that Apple use Oracle as the database backend on their servers. I will be using the exact same scanning and credit card swiping device as Apple uses.

I guess you had a go at the signature signing with the POGO stylus? I've just done the signature view for the app and it is actually hilarious at how wierd signatures can look.

3. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

Hey man, how is this any different than the "Late April" crap they have been giving us?

4. WiiMarioHacker thread starter macrumors member

Well, its different because the information is coming from an official Apple store employee, and not unofficial sources. (no offense, Mac-Rumors); so that is why I posted it.

PS: :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

?? "Late April" is coming from Apple (corporation Apple Inc.) and not from unofficial sources. I don't see any additional credibility from "Official" Apple Store employee over Apple Inc.

6. chriszzz macrumors 6502

How is April 20-30 any more accurate than late April?

7. Eye4Desyn macrumors 6502

This correlates to what I described in another thread:

"There was a poster in another thread a few weeks ago followed by another poster from another thread shortly thereafter that said when they spoke with Apple store reps on the phone with regards to shifting their [Wi-Fi only] pre-orders to reserved for instore pickup, they were told the iPad 3Gs would be shipping mid-April. Same statement came from two completely different posters. I have no clue if that was a slip of the tongue on the Apple reps' behalf or deliberate, but if that holds any weight remains to be seen."

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892397&page=2

8. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

In fact, I'm fairly certain that April 20-30 is actually interpreted as "late April" in many of today's cultures. And before you discount my opinion as unreliable, I am currently holding an Apple in my hand, eating a bowl of Apple Jacks, while sipping on Apple Cider and sitting upon an old Apple Crate.

9. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

how does this add new information? Apple stated late April

10. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

Official or not, the information is still just as worthless as what we already knew.

Late April
    April 20-30

Both are completely worthless.

11. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Buddy,

Asking an Apple store employee is as reliable as calling up Verizon and asking a CSR when they're getting the iPhone. They'll know when it is finally scheduled to be received in their store.

12. az431 macrumors regular

Exactly. Apple employees have the exact same info the public has; often they have even less.

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I am looking forward to seeing how many 3G ipads sell day 1 compared to wifi units

14. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

That's true. Last Saturday I asked an Apple employee if there was an update to the 3G date. He said, "I don't know, I will have to check the Apple web site."

15. Xybr macrumors member

On the WiFi launch day, an Apple Store employee said maybe mid-April. That's looking less likely now.

If the iPad 3G was getting released next week, Jobs would've just mentioned it in the last event. I think they're syncing the US iPad 3G launch with the worldwide launch. So may be 4/24..

16. hugodrax macrumors 6502a

Well my first gen ipod touch died (4 years later, many drops)

Which makes the wait worse since I used it to keep track of my budget and accounts using Balance app.

Now I am SOL.