Apple Store Repair - Could They Have Broken Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by polycat33, Aug 26, 2008.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

I've seen lots of posts around here about taking a computer in to Apple with a minor problem and getting it back with more problems then it went in with. Knowing this, I still took my MacBook Pro in to Apple yesterday to get the power button fixed, as it had "caved in" on one side. Also, I pointed out that the casing around my keyboard was popped out just a bit near the screen. Both of these didn't affect usability at all, but they were bugging me and I wanted them fixed (and I have Apple Care so it was free).

They were SUPER fast which was great, and I got it back today with both problems fixed. However I got it home, turned it on, and my bluetooth mouse and keyboard were having some issues. The mouse is moving around the screen VERY slowly, and sometimes not responding at all, and the keyboard took a while to respond at first and then had trouble reconnecting when I tried turning bluetooth off and on again. I replaced batteries in both devices - which were working perfectly before I took my computer in for service. Is there any chance the repair I had done (replacing the casing around the keyboard) could have affected my bluetooth?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

No. Just use the disks? I'll try that. EDIT: It says it can't install b/c a newer version is already installed. I hesitate to uninstall the previous version right now, as I'm fairly sure it's a hardware issue...

Strangely, the mouse and keyboard work much better when there's a direct line of sight to the computer. Still not great though, just dropped the keyboard signal and won't pick it back up. :(

4. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Been on withhh apple care for more than an hour now, and still no fix. Thouggh the mouse seems to be doing beeetter, the keyboard is still intermittently disconnecting, and when it's connected, it's slow. It seems like a strange problem to have if my bluetooth hardware inside my computer was affected by the rrepair, because bluetooth DOESSS work, it's just being weird.

(Note: All the typos in this post are from my keyboard connection crapping up.... but impressed that it's worked through this entire post!)

5. el3ctone macrumors member

they can break anything.
    they broke my keyboard. scarred my top case. stripped my screws, and broke my keyboard backlight.

"Genius" =________=