Apple store replace or repair in-store today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpthk, Oct 29, 2013.

1. cpthk macrumors newbie

There are articles saying Apple will start to repair the phone instead of replacing it. http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/10...cription-service-and-in-store-repair-options/

I am wondering if there is anyone recently had the repair at the Genius Bar, and what did they really do? What was the issue of your phone? Do they really repair it?

I personally don't like human repairs on tech product, since they usually scratch it accidentally with the screw driver and not really assembly back nicely, especially for the case of iphone that the parts are so tiny. It is never the same when you opened it.

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

3. DefDad macrumors member

I have repaired several iPhones over the years and never had any problems with new scratches or not going back together properly. If I can do it, I'm sure there are plenty of Apple techs that can also do it. And I'm sure they stand behind their work.

4. N e e k macrumors 6502

Apple store replace or repair in-store today?

Whenever I got a replacement it looked like a brand new phone...

5. cpthk thread starter macrumors newbie

They could be for parts that they cannot replace in-store, or if they cannot determine which part is broken.

----------

Yes, I am sure there are good techs that could do it. But "there are" doesn't mean 100%. There are also bad techs don't really treat your phone well, since it's not their phone anyway. I had experience in the past that I saw tiny dusts caught underneath the LCD screen and things like that. They do not purposely do that, just accidentally.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Two things.

Even brand new phones have had human interaction, and plenty of brand new phones have been found to have dust under the screen, as well as scratches. Having a phone repaired isn't any more risky.

Also, as the other guy said, what do you think replacement phones are? They are refurbished phones - phones returned for whatever reason, fixed, given a new shell, and returned to the market for a replacement device.

7. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

8. jehartley macrumors member

I went in for a shattered screen last week. No damage anywhere else on the phone at all, and it functioned correctly. They said Apple had not yet begun to send out screen replacement kits for iPhone 5S, so they gave me a new phone for the cost of the screen replacement, which was $149.

9. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Which store was this? i could not get the same offer.

10. jehartley macrumors member

Sorry, just now noticed this reply. It was the Apple store in Germantown, TN.