Apple store return advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spiderman0616, Aug 19, 2011.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I have decided to revamp the way I'm protecting my iPad from damage. I have been using a rubber cover for the back of my iPad and then zipping it up into a folio style case. My folio case is falling apart, and I recently decided I wanted to have a Smart Cover, so I ordered one from Apple.com, and ordered a back cover that is compatible with the Smart Cover. I put a narrow strip of transparent tape on the side of the iPad to protect from the metal on metal contact of the Smart Cover hinge. Everything is in and installed beautifully on my iPad except for my Smart Cover.

My order is coming from Hong Kong and won't be in until late next week. If I were to take a trip to the Apple store tomorrow and just buy a Smart Cover, can I return the one I ordered to the Apple Store when it comes in? Also, I've never gotten a verdict on this, and never tried it myself--does the Apple store take cash?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Per Apple it looks like you can't return it to a store. I'd call their support line to confirm though. And yes, they do take cash.

3. gatearray macrumors 65816

Yes, of course the Apple Store takes cash, and yes, you can return an apple.com web order to one of their retail store locations, no problem.