Apple Store Return Policy - iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xolan99, Jul 8, 2009.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

So I believe that my iPhone 3GS' wifi is acting screwy since I usually only get 1 wifi bar even though I sit less than 10 ft away from my router. With my old 3G I would always get 3 full bars.

I bought the iPhone 3GS less than a week ago. Do I have to go through the hoopla and schedule a Genius appointment (since in New YOrk City the queue is usually a few days out) or can I simply walk in the store and swap for a new one?

I also want to point out that I don't want to get a refurbished one...I went through the trouble last time with my old 3G of getting a refurbished and got two lemons in the process.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Typically you need an appointment but if you go during the week, perhaps around a Wednesday and try your luck you may find joy. I would schedule an appointment myself, but that is just crazy me. Just because you bought less than 14 days ago does not give you special treatment over other customers.

3. xolan99 thread starter macrumors regular

Well what I meant was - can you exchange a product for a new one just as you would at any other store (like Best Buy) or do you HAVE to go through the Genius process before doing a product swap?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe they take you through the Genius morons.
    That is what they did with me and my MB. I had to have some dumbass tell me the display was within spec, I walked out with a store credit for the full price I paid.

No one puts Jessica in the corner. :D

5. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

1st and foremost, nyc ftw :)

I'd suggest going on a weekday, preferably early in the morning. You'll have a better chance of just being able to get a swap without an appointment.

And from my past experiences, for simple swaps without the hassle of appointments, go to the 5th Avenue Apple Store that's by FAO Schwartz. I've never had to get an appointment, even with the entire store being jam packed. I've walked in, gotten my iPhone replaced, and walked out, and gotten my headset replaced numerous times. They're very lenient and extremely willing to help.

The SoHo Apple Store however is a lot more stringent. I was told that I needed an appointment to swap out my damaged iPhone headset, even though there were Geniuses who had nothing to do and several new packs of iPhone headsets completely visible behind the counter, all with the next available appointment in three full days.

$.02 :)

:apple:Dustin