Apple Store Return Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aaron5566, Nov 7, 2014.

1. aaron5566 macrumors regular

Hi guys, I'm currently on the fence when deciding between the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I want to go for the 6 Plus but I'm afraid the size will put me off in the long run. Anyways, if I do purchase it online from Apple, does the 14 day return policy exist and is it worldwide, for example returning the phone to another Apple store in another country? As a sub question, how and what do you think about your iPhone 6 Plus? Was it the right decision? I'm coming from an iPhone 5.

2. JayLenochiniMac, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You won't be able to return it in a different country. Additionally, the warranty doesn't apply in a different country for that matter.

Apple's policy in the United States dictates that iPhones ordered online have to be returned online/by mail, but several members have succeeded in returning their online iPhone orders in store.

EDIT: The above restriction on not being able to return iPhones purchased online to retail Apple stores has been officially removed.

3. iceperson macrumors 6502

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I 2nd the fact that you would not be able to return in another country.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's interesting. So they've updated the policy to remove the following restriction, which used to be in that link:

No wonder why several members have succeeded in returning their online iPhone orders back to the store before they officially changed their policy.

6. aaron5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh okay, so it is possible to return the iPhone to any Apple Store? Does this apply to only U.S or to else where?

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

AFAIK, if you purchased an iPhone in the U.S, it can only be returned in the U.S (any apple store, so if you purchased one in New York, you should be okay returning it in Florida). However, I don't think you can return a U.S purchased iphone in Canada or in EUR.

While the website says that online purchases can't be returned at the retail store. In fact, it is possible and Apple retails has been honoring the online returns as well.

I've had my 6 Plus since launch and I've got to say that I'm pretty much in love with it. Previously I have owned a Galaxy S5 so it's not much different and I'm pretty used to the size of the 6 Plus.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

As mentioned above, they seem to have officially changed this policy for iPhones purchased online.