Apple store returns, beats studio headphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by carlos amigos, Dec 27, 2009.

1. carlos amigos macrumors newbie

Today i bought the beats by dr dre headphones from the applestore in liverpool, these headphones cost me 280 pounds. An to be honest im now regretting that decision. Ive read the apple store returns policy but i cant see any that mention non apple products. Does anyone know or have any experience on whether i will be able to return these headphones, though theres nothing wrong with them. Ive also already opened them so i think from what ive read i will have to pay a 10% stocking fee, if they will accept a return and hopefully refund.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. tkboss88 macrumors member

i'm 99% sure that you can return them without incurring any charges. i've returned headphones and cases multiple times to the apple store without any restocking fees. just make sure you have your receipt and that it has been less than 14 days. apple's return policy is not the standard 30 days like every other electronics store.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah, you just have to pay the 10% restocking fee. You are making a very smart choice.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Me thinks you need to better understand how restocking fees don't apply to every country. ;)

carlos amigos: I don't think a restocking fee applies to you but I am not 100% certain of your location (not exact but country helps).

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes me forgot. On second remembrance the UK doesn't have restocking fees?

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm assuming he's in the UK due to the reference of pounds but who knows sometimes. There are US born people right here in the states that think it's necessary to use the British spelling in their type so I can't ever be 100% any more.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The only other countries I know of that use the pound (outside the UK) are Egypt, Lebanon and Sudan - I'm sure there are more former colonies that use it, calling the store is probably the best option in any case - my first post was not correct whatever the case.