Apple Store returns?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EmptyWallet, Jun 22, 2009.

1. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

So I purchased an Incase Slider at the Apple Store about a week or so ago. Since putting it on my phone (3GS) it's started to groan and creek near where the two pieces meet together, and it generally just feels flimsy in that area. If you apply pressure to either side I can make it flex and creak.

Doesn't feel like a rock like my buddies does.

I bought it at the Apple Store, and I chunked the packaging and stuff it came in. If I go back into the Apple Store can they swap it out for another even though I don't have the packaging? I assume they have my receipt there on file.

2. celticpride678

You can try and have them take it. But it will be difficult without a box because they might want to put in back on shelf. You can always try though.

3. EmptyWallet thread starter macrumors regular

That would suck if I had to do a return through incase.

I think the guy at incase wanted me to send my phone off first before getting another.

I'm not going naked on my new phone!!

4. EmptyWallet thread starter macrumors regular

It's obviously defective...why would they put it back on the shelf!?!?

5. Johnnybrav0 macrumors member

What does it say in back of the receipt? That is why they gave you receipt...if it's listed as return in 30days than your golden....

You did keep the receipt didn't you? You don't need the box to return...usually if they are not *******s...they'll exchange it for another one...but only if you have a receipt...

If you miss place your receipt...call your CC and they can send you a copy....

6. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

If you can take a picture of the defect, incase won't even make you send the old one back. However, for something like "it feels flimsy" yes, I imagine they would make you send it back before sending you a new one.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Buy a new one, put the old one in the new box and return it with receipt from either the original or newest one, whichever you have. No imagination. :rolleyes:

8. EmptyWallet thread starter macrumors regular

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

LOL. Shady? What are they being cheated out of? You bought it there didn't you? It would be just giving them the package (box) that was tossed out. Same item purchased from the same store that would have been returned had you kept the original box. It's not like it was purchased elsewhere.