Apple Store said there is nothing they can do

Discussion in 'iPad' started by L2gbrian, Apr 3, 2011.

1. L2gbrian macrumors member

So went to the Apple store today so they can look at my ipad2, to see the light bleeding and I do have light bleeding so made a Genius appointment went to the sore saw the Genius he took it to the back did there thing and they told me that there was no damage or leakage of some kind... So i was like ok WTH showed him some picture still nothing and all they said was keep comming back if it bothers you!!! Take a look and tell me if I dont have light bleeding and if anyone can help please do

2. L2gbrian thread starter macrumors member

heres a pic

Attached Files:

3. L2gbrian thread starter macrumors member

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I would say go back again or call apple care an explain your situation.

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I would call AppleCare or go back and ask to speak to a manager.

6. Carouser macrumors 65816

If that's all they can do, then you can either
    (1) decide that it is worth your money and keep it, or
    (2) decide that it is not worth your money, and return it

I believe some others will suggest
    (3) find someone (a manager, someone at Apple, etc.) who, when hassled enough, will find an iPad 2 which meets your standard for which you can exchange this one

7. ForumViewer macrumors member

From personal experience, ALWAYS call Apple Care FIRST!

Tell them the story and they'll create a case for you by product serial number. They'll enter all your info and usually tell you if Apple will replace it. If they don't, just tell them that's what you'd like to do, especially if you're under the one year warranty, which you obviously are. Pro Tip - Use the word 'defect' when describing your problem. Then go into the Apple Store, they'll look up your info by serial number, and usually, it's no questions asked, the Geniuses will just do whatever the AppleCare trouble ticket says.

I just went through this process with an old iPad with a dead pixel. It was easy as pie, it just helps to have called first.

Plus, they might not have had any stock to replace your busted one with, so maybe that's why he said there's nothing they can do. In fact I'd bet that's what it was.

8. dmk005 macrumors newbie

They are supposed to keep some stock in the store for defective returns. The Apple store employees are significantly empowered. If they say they cannot help you, they actually mean they have decided your iPad is not defective. I would remain calm and respectful and ask to speak with a manager. I would then ask the manager to help you and if he does not budge, ask what is their defective threshold when it comes to light bleeds.

9. L2gbrian thread starter macrumors member

Thanks followed what you said and they are going to replace it!!! Thanks again ForumViewer :D

10. ForumViewer macrumors member

Sweet, glad you got it sorted out. Now hopefully your new unit doesn't have screen bleeding :)

11. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

It probably will have some, hopefully it's not quite so bad. Mine has a bit of bleed, but nothing like your pictures. :/