Apple store San Francisco

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lisamel, May 16, 2010.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi!
    I was wondering if there is a big Apple store or outlet or something in San Francisco or near? I will be there in beginning of July and I'm considering buying a new laptop. Do you think I will be able to find a refurbished one (not online)? :)

We will be driving along the coast from LA to SF so if there is a better store outside the city we can go there.

Thanks for any help.

Lisa :)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Refurbs are sold online only. That said, stores often have a table with open box returns for sale. Laptops don't last long.

3. sevoneone macrumors 6502

Stores no longer sell open box or refurbished product. There might be previous generation models available for a discount, be sure to ask the sales person.

Also, if you are driving up the coast, you could stop by the Apple Company Store at the Cupertino Headquarters. The store is open to the public and sells all kinds of apple branded clothing and memorabilia you can't get other places. While they sell software and accessories, they sadly don't sell computers there (the only exception being the Mac Mini).

That said, you will also be near a few Apple Retail Flagship locations: Palo Alto and the Stockton Street Store in San Francisco.