Apple store scratch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 17parkc, Jul 28, 2012.

1. 17parkc macrumors newbie

I recently visited my local apple store because there was dust in my iphone 4s rear camera when I got my iphone 3 weeks ago on July 6, 2012, and when I went there the genius opened the back of my iphone 4s and cleaned the rear camera. When I got my phone back there was more dust and a scratch visible in daylight but nearly invisible during normal light conditions. This scratch is extremely irritating, and I was wondering If I could get a replacement? I baby my phone, and I have NOT had this scratch before!

2. iphone4champ macrumors member

I would go to the Apple store tell my issue & who knows you my be walking out with a replacement 4S.

3. 17parkc thread starter macrumors newbie

the scratch is on the plastic inside the rear camera.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, all this for a tiny scratch that is barelly visible:rolleyes:

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a vicious cycle:D
    And the replacement will have other "extremely irritating" issues and a constant back and forth to Apple to find the perfect iphone.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yeap and all the hassle and time wasting instead of enjoying the apple product!

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I agree with both sides of the discussion here.

How far does one go before settling on the perfect iPhone aesthetically and hardware speaking.

I recall reading a thread sometime ago regarding an apple store opening up to 40 iPhone 4 boxes, to obtain a baby blue hue screen for a customer !

Personally I pay outright for my iPhones so after shelling out £499.99, I wouldn't accept a marked unit out of the box, or damage caused by the experts either.