Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Hello Im currently visiting Hong kong, and i decided to bring my macbook pro in for a dead pixel problem, when the guy was checking it, he had used a magnifying glass object to check for dead pixels, when he was he was using the magnify thing directing touching the glass, after leaving, the whole screen was full of fingerprints too! 2 days later i cleaded my screen and had noticed over 9 scratches on the screen.

A day later we were in china and looking in this plaza that sold just about anything fake, I ran into the same magnifying glass object, I couldn't believe it!

What should I do? my Idea is to go back to the store that had done it, I would just go back to Toronto to talk to them, but i worried that they might not honour it, because it wasn't there fault.

brand

Suspended
Oct 3, 2006
I would call Apple over the phone and deal directly with them. You also need to contact them ASAP as any time that you waste doing so makes your case less credible.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
I would call Apple over the phone and deal directly with them. You also need to contact them ASAP as any time that you waste doing so makes your case less credible.

thank for the advice, but the problem is that the time here is different, could i just bring it into the store?

brand

Suspended
Oct 3, 2006
thank for the advice, but the problem is that the time here is different, could i just bring it into the store?

I would imagine that Apple support is 24/7 given their size. Why would you think that you couldn't take it into the store? I haven't seen where anyone said that you couldn't take it into the store so it just seems like a strange question to ask.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
I would imagine that Apple support is 24/7 given their size. Why would you think that you couldn't take it into the store? I haven't seen where anyone said that you couldn't take it into the store so it just seems like a strange question to ask.
I guess I'll bring it back into the store. Does it matter what type of display for the computer since it's a Canadian version

brand

Suspended
Oct 3, 2006
I guess I'll bring it back into the store. Does it matter what type of display for the computer since it's a Canadian version

Displays are not country or language specific so that should not be an issue. If they try to replace the unit in store I can see how that could be an issue since it would probably not come with an English or French keyboard with the Apple Store being in China. Not sure which keyboard you have but since you are from Canada I figured it could go either way. At least get a case opened and it on record with a support number.

It really is a he said she said situation since you have no proof that the scratches were not preexisting so be polite yet firm. If you are rude you will be less likely to get your way.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Displays are not country or language specific so that should not be an issue. If they try to replace the unit in store I can see how that could be an issue since it would probably not come with an English or French keyboard with the Apple Store being in China. Not sure which keyboard you have but since you are from Canada I figured it could go either way. At least get a case opened and it on record with a support number.

It really is a he said she said situation since you have no proof that the scratches were not preexisting so be polite yet firm. If you are rude you will be less likely to get your way.
I have an English keyboard. The Apple Store is in Hong Kong.

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
From what I hear there gonna replace the screen. It wasn't a pain in the neck at all. The moment I walked into the Apple Store (ifc Apple Store) I was rises to a seat. After inspection from 3 genius' they had approved it! It took about 45 minutes but hey I think it was worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Next time inspect your computer at time of pick-up to avoid this from happening again. That is what I would do

nStyle

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2009
I don't understand why people post here with problems they know they have to deal directly with Apple with. But, I'm glad they resolved it.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
I don't understand why people post here with problems they know they have to deal directly with Apple with.

To see how Apple has handled similar problems for other people.

Forewarned is forearmed, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.