Apple store (SF)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LorQ1027, Sep 18, 2014.

1. LorQ1027 macrumors member

LorQ1027

Hi,
    I'm new here and have never been to an iphone launch. I was planning on going to the apple store in stonestown in sf tomorrow morning. I was planning on getting there around 745am.
    First question is: what time do people start lining up? And does anyone know if there's a line there right now. Do the lines move pretty quick?
    Second question: what are my chances of picking up a iphone 6 64gb in silver?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just super excited!

LQ

2. mguti macrumors member

Don't know any thing about that particular store, but I bet it's like anywhere else. Looking at other threads here people are already lined up! 7:45am might be to late!

3. davefromca macrumors 6502

7:45 sounds pretty late, if its not the plus you might be okay.

4. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

5. hockeymutt macrumors member

[​IMG]

here was the store right after the truck i watched it, and there is like 10 people in line already

6. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

7. davefromca macrumors 6502

The non +'s should have WAY more stock but they will still be in high demand.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

7:45a seem too late for an 8:00a launch it you want to guarantee storage size, color, and carrier. 6:30a seem more realistic. You'll still be middle of the pack, but good shape for when they start passing out the (virtual) claim cards.

9. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

Sorry to ask, but what's the virtual claim cards? I wish I could get there earlier but I can't.

10. swamyg1 macrumors regular

here was the store right after the truck i watched it, and there is like 10 people in line already[/QUOTE]

How many phones do you guys think are in each palette? And how many palletes came off the truck?

I am thinking about heading there within the hour!

11. hockeymutt macrumors member

couldn't really tell but they had like 4-5 pallets by the time i got there... think I'm going to go down there and see whats up

12. davefromca macrumors 6502

dude lets rent a truck and jack one of those pallets....

Oh really, you got ONE iphone 6? We got a pallet of 5000 biotch!

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

In past pre-orders staff would go down the line asking everyone which model/color/carrier/storage size they wanted and then give them a physical card with that information on it. The cards were an exact match to inventory, so you knew when you got your card you were not standing in line for nothing. When you get to the front you just give the person helping you your card.

This year instead of physical cards they will issue "virtual" ones via text. Only if someone doesn't have a phone with them will they give they physical card out.

Typically staff starts to pass cards out an hour to hour and half before opening.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My friend passes a local small Apple Store and said there's already a long line..

15. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

Oh ok. Thank you soooo much! I'm hoping for some luck tomorrow!

16. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I think 630am will still be very late.

17. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

6:30 is very late for this store. In past years 4am was around the block already. Last year the selection at 4am spot was fairly limited.

Plus, I read they will start giving out reservations at 5am.

18. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I just walked by the line and there is currently 61 people in line. Because of the construction the pick up line is forming on the south side (no one in that line currently)

19. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

Is this the store in Stonestown Mall or the one in downtown SF/union square?

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

The one in union square

21. jbmacfan macrumors member

I got here to the Stockton Apple Store around 3:30pm and I was roughly 50-60 in line. Only problem is everybody in front of me is Asian and I spoke with a few and they all are planning on buying 2 phones both contract free so they can either keep one and ship the other back to China to sell or buy 2 to sell both to China.

One of the guys in front of me even asked me to buy an extra contract free iPhone 6 and then he will pay me full price for it plus add an addition $100 for doing it. I don't really trust doing that.

This makes me worried that even if they do have plenty iphone 6 pluses that they are all going to be boughtvout just to be shipped back to China to sell on black market.

I know this happens every year, but it seems like it is more than usual this year maybe since the iPhone is now supported and offered in china (though I read that the iPhone 6 won't go on sale there until probably 2015).

22. LorQ1027 thread starter macrumors member

LorQ1027

Wow!! Ehhh... I wouldn't trust doing that either. Be careful out there and good luck!

23. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am baffled that Apple is not limiting purchases to 1 per person. Sure, scalping will still happen but it will be less rewarding. I am sure many of them are buying 2 to drop them on eBay.

14 - 16 hours of sitting for $1,000 isn't too shabby and they will do it.

14 - 16 hours of sitting for $500, not so much.

24. rkuo macrumors 6502a

25. hockeymutt macrumors member

i must have been there right after you... they were still passing out waters and those tickets. the number one person i think was paying a bum to wait 2 days ago and he was a man, not a tiny little asian women.