Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
An apple store is reported to have about 500 iPhones arriving Friday afternoon. It is not known how many are 4/8gb. As of 5:30pm CDT there are only 3 people in line at my Apple store, so I'm not too worried about getting one tomorrow. I can hardly believe I will own an iPhone within 24 hours!!! I'll see some of you guys in line...

- macduke

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
At the Apple Store in Kansas City, MO in the Plaza shopping district there will be 490 iPhones arriving via armored car at 2pm. It is not known how many are 4/8gb. As of 5:30pm CDT there are only 3 people in line, so I'm not too worried about getting one tomorrow. I can hardly believe I will own an iPhone within 24 hours!!! I'll see some of you guys in line...

- macduke

Awesome... Apple store or ATT store, Apple store or ATT store? Hmmm.... Hmmm.... what to do!!

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
i would say apple store, unless you live in kc. then you should go to an att store because you will probably get in line before me!!

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
armored car... :rolleyes:

+1

I thought they were going out FedEx... thouigh FedEx does not NORMALLY do deliveries in the afternoon, I am sure for a good customer like Appple, they would do it. Armoured Car does seem a bit overkill, almost to the theatrical... which just might be Apples speed!

I just hope if they do ship FedEx they ship insured! That covers robbery!

Thomas S

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2004
+1

I thought they were going out FedEx... thouigh FedEx does not NORMALLY do deliveries in the afternoon, I am sure for a good customer like Appple, they would do it. Armoured Car does seem a bit overkill, almost to the theatrical... which just might be Apples speed!

They came into the country under armed guard.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
well, i don't exactly know when. i'm not getting down there until around 5 because i have a real life job i have to work at or i will lose it. otherwise i would get in line around 4ish. i don't think they will run out that quickly, but he told me its gonna be nuts up there. we'll see if that is true tomorrow evening.

Nagooya

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Wouldn't you like to know?
At the Apple Store in Kansas City, MO in the Plaza shopping district there will be 490 iPhones arriving via armored car at 2pm. It is not known how many are 4/8gb. As of 5:30pm CDT there are only 3 people in line, so I'm not too worried about getting one tomorrow. I can hardly believe I will own an iPhone within 24 hours!!! I'll see some of you guys in line...

- macduke

Would you say it's a small, medium, or large Apple Store?

Icebird

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Would you say it's a small, medium, or large Apple Store?

It's a medium sized store I'd say. I've only been there once last year.

And I can't believe 3 people are already camping out, haha. Some people and wanting to be first.. ::rolls eyes::

I'm only going down around 9am-10am tomorrow. Possibly later even if there's really that many.

Where did you get this info btw?

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
i know because i talked to my friend who works there after he got off work.

i'm not concerned about lines, i don't think it will be that bad. i agree, it's about a medium sized store. we're not a huge market in the midwest for chic apple technology. everyone around here is a razr whore...bleh. as for myself, i can not wait to rid myself of my motorola rokr e1, the first phone to ever have itunes. the iphone is everything that i wanted my rokr to be 2 years ago when i bought it. it was fun for about 3.7 days though.

anyone test the new edge speed? heard they bumped up the speed, but can't test with my crappy phone.

Salty Pirate

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
kansas city
macduke....shhhhhhhhh tell everyone to go to the AT&T stores!

One guy actually has a tent at 119th & Metcalf. It is pouring out here, so I am gonna head down in the morning. I was gonna camp out, but the rain man.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
crap, i thought the rain was done. it just poured all day long today. looks like it might be rainy tomorrow too. need to remember to bring a big umbrella.

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
I used my Sony W600i phone today to test out the Edge via USB cable on the Powerbook, and got 210kbps. Tested it over the Bluetooth connection and got 184kbps. I had never set it up before, so hard to say if it was upgraded or not. From what I have read though, that is the speed to expect correct?

What to do... Apple or ATT? Hmmm....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.