Apple Store shows MBP 17" shipping in 3-4 WEEKS!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moriarty, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Moriarty macrumors 6502

:eek:

Big setback in production, or just a result of a huge number of orders means production levels won't satisfy them for a while?

At this rate by the time the 17-inch Unibody MBP becomes in plentiful supply, new models will be just about ready to roll out... It's the middle of the product cycle for laptops already, and I can't see Apple delaying the 17 incher again. The delays always seem to be the 17 inch because I guess in terms of engineering it's a lower priority, but the physical redesign is now complete.

So unless you got an early order in that's going to be delivered soon, don't buy a 17 inch Macbook Pro!

2. detz macrumors 65816

I ordered three weeks ago and it was supposed to ship out this week. I just logged in and my order has been changed to

Ships: February 19th

With no arrival date.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If it was "just a result of a huge number of orders means production levels won't satisfy them for a while" then they would at least be able to ship a few, that they have already made, but noooo nothing has been shipped, so obviously theres a manufacturing problem.

4. stepheneleven macrumors member

stepheneleven

WTF my date just changed in the last 2 hours too, it went from, ships feb 24, delivers on Feb 27, to just shipping on the 27th and no delivery date. This really sucks, I need that damn thing for school, a couple weeks i could deal but this getting ridiculous.

5. timothytripp macrumors newbie

Ordered yesterday... Saying March 5th ship date

Estimated delivery is March 10th :( Long time to wait I'm anxious to get my hands on it. I hope it's just a single delay on these and not the first of a series...

6. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Seriously, That really sucks!! March 10th? When did you put your order in?

7. MrM macrumors 6502

Thats absolutely ridiculous. Apple better be throwing in a T-Shirt with every delayed order like this... I can understand set backs of a week, but not over a month.