Apple Store Special Deals has iBook refurbs

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
cubist said:
... as well as all the iMac and PowerMac models. I just ordered a 12" iBook for $849.
That sounds like a very good deal to me. Congratuatlions on your purchase, a very solid machine.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Congrats! That is a good price. I had an iBook for about a year and I loved it. You will be pleased I am sure.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Solafaa said:
The iBooks are get little laptops, i found them to be very nice but in my honest opinon the PB is the better modle.
Um, very astute. But show me where you can get a PowerBook for $850.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
Great Deal....I hope you enjoy.

Just a heads up for anyone buying a refurbished model: They do tend to have a few marks or blemishes, usually nothing major. And they are not shipped in the original packaging. They are great vaulues just keep in mind your not getting a "brand new" system.

zpmqxonw

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2005
I bought that model around February 10th. It was a 1.2 ghz iBook with Combo drive for 849. I was really excited to come, but the shipping date kept getting delayed. This was really hard for me because I am a student and need a computer to type up my papers on. Finally, I just went to an apple store about 25 miles away and bought an open-box version for 50 dollars more because I was desparate. Not to burst your bubble, but don't expect the iBook to come on the day they estimate. It's a great computer by the way, I love mine but I didn't love Apple's customer service.

zimtheinvader

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
the capitol
what?! The 12"PB or the iBook? Either way, where can you access the Refurbs MicroCenter offers? I believe they had a PB 12" 1Ghz for $900 at one point, but I could only find it with a direct link from dealmac. :confused:

ldburroughs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Solafaa said:
The iBooks are get little laptops, i found them to be very nice but in my honest opinon the PB is the better modle. Congrats man.
That's like saying ... The Civic is a great little car, I found them to be very nice but in my honest opinion the Accord is the better modle. Thanks for pointing out the obvious:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.