iPad Apple Store stock in the UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevuwk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. kevuwk macrumors newbie

I have been contemplating getting an iPad for a while and thought I would get the mini but having released the specs, I will pass on it. After a little thought I am thinking about getting the iPad 4 but having never been to an apple store on release day I am unsure whether to go to one or just order online and wait the estimated 2 weeks for delivery (I only want a wifi version). So the question is, how busy are the stores in the UK on iPad release day (will probably be at the trafford center) and how long does the stock usually last on a release day?

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Trafford Centre is probably one of the worst to go to. Look at some of the meet up posts about it, it is always busy, even without a new release, and unfortunately seems to have a large population in its catchment which is inclined to scalp the product to sell on for profit (normally abroad in countries who don't get included in the initial countries for release.

If it was me, I'd aim to get there 5/5:30 if you want to be guaranteed getting your choice, there might not be a huge queue, but then there might with the apparent demand for the Mini.

3. kevuwk thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately my only other choices are the other Manchester store and Liverpool really, I'm guessing those will be exactly the same

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

First page of the first old thread I found.

Go and have a browse in both iPad and iPhone meet up threads, TC always comes up as worst.

5. kevuwk thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies, just taken a look and it would appear the best choice may be the liverpool store

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Argos had loads on release day for iPad3 even in the evening when the Apple stores had sold out. :D

7. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Considering they don't even have a release date yet, you might have a fairly long wait before they start stocking it.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/33025480/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CTechnology%7C33006169/c_2/2%7C33006169%7CiPad,+tablets+and+e+readers%7C33007659/c_3/3%7Ccat_33007659%7CiPad+and+tablets%7C33014087/c_4/4%7Ccat_33014087%7CiPad%7C33025480.htm

8. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

Been trying to get one from the Apple store in Belfast since I seen one in "real life" on Saturday. Needless to say no joy.

Picked up one today by fluke after in the Argos at Craigavon. Apparently you cant return them though unless a faulty unit :D

Yeah, like I'm going to return it... :rolleyes:

9. yorkslad macrumors regular

Very lucky. Trafford Centre apple store was not much help when asking about new stock. There best advice was not to ring up and check, but to just 'pop' in.

10. kevuwk thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to get one from an apple store but on the Thursday night somebody told me they knew someone who could get a discount on it as they were a Tesco employee. Should be getting it this weekend but I don't mind if i'm getting money off it :p

11. PhilMoss macrumors newbie

Went into the Apple Store Stratford City (London) and purchased the 32GB black plus the PRODUCT(RED) smart cover.

They had both colours in 32GB and white in 64GB. They didn't have any 16GB models.

Tesco.com have both the 32GB and 64GB in black in stock.

I had the original iPad and the mini is an absolute joy, both to use and to work on - I use Noterize to take notes in meetings and write notes on .pdf documents.

Hope this helps the folks in the UK...