Apple Store Stock Listings

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tones2, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tones2 macrumors 65816

It used to be in the past that Apple would actually list what stock they had at each store. I can't seem to find that anywhere today for the iPad 2. Are they still doing this?

Tony

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

nope they don't. they wont even tell you stock info over the phone a lot of the times. you're better of waiting before the store opens for fed ex. my apple store said that they recieve shpments every day and was strongly hinting they would get some more today.

3. Tones2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, it looks like Apple's policy this year is to try to create long lines for the iPad 2 instead of actually trying to help the customer get one in the most convemient way possible by making available basic information like what stock they actually have. :rolleyes:

Tony

4. rworne macrumors 6502

On a lark, I decided to join a line last night to see if I could score one (64G AT&T). They ran out of tickets just before they got to me, but I figured several people might bail when their model runs out. Only once while I was in line did they announce that 32G AT&T models were out (never arrived) and when we got near the front, the person in front of me (who wanted the same model as I) started asking about what stock they had left. 2/3 of the ticket holders have gone through by now, and odds are they would be sold out of *something*. No answers. When I was 20 people back from the front, they finally came out and announced that all the AT&T models were gone, along with nearly every other WiFi model. Only Verizon models were left.

Needless to say, I left empty-handed (I have a grandfathered AT&T unlimited account).

5. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I agree, that's why I think I may just stick with my current original iPad and perhaps skip this update altogether.

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

Why not just order one online at this point? Yes it might take a few weeks to arrive but at least it doesn't require spending hours calling stores/driving around, and you can always just cancel the online order or sell it if you get one in a store first.

7. tigert07 macrumors regular

it also doesn't help with everybody and their mom buying 2. It should be one per customer first day so apple can prevent people from selling another on ebay or craigslist. have you guys seen the prices on there? they're pretty ridiculous.

8. maclook macrumors 65816

Totally agree. The worst thing about Apple's launch was that they allowed 2 per person. I saw plenty of people that were clearly buying two to resell. We had 500+ people in line, probably a lot more than that, and they continued to allow anybody to buy two.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah but what about those of us who want to buy one for ourselves and one for the wife? I ain't sharing mine...

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, it is a real shame you can't order it online from home. :rolleyes:

11. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

First world problem.

12. maclook macrumors 65816

You get the wife to come wait in line also. For most other launches, you need a man per purchase. This launch got taken advantage of by resellers and people getting an extra for their absent friend or spouse.