Apple store stock

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cynics, Sep 26, 2013.

1. cynics macrumors G3

Forgive me for not calling my local Apple store but I've been flying around the country (US) for that last few weeks and will be for the next couple.

But when I get home I plan on going to my local Apple store to buy a 2013 iMac 27". Are these in stock and do they carry different configurations? I want one with some none base price upgrades (HD, video card, ram, etc).

If not can you order in store and have it shipped to that store for pick up? I live alone and don't want a 2000+ dollar computer left outside my house especially if I get called away to work or something.

I'm not really familiar with Apple store etiquette.

2. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Yes you can order it in store and they can ship it to the store. As far as configurations they carry in store. They usually have the base model of each size and what they call is the ultimate edition which is max cpu, 1tb fusion, max gpu and probably 8gb or 16gb ram. You should call ahead and see what they have.

3. cynics thread starter macrumors G3

Thanks. That ultimate edition sounds like what I want. Are the 13 models readily available?

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Depends. I'm sure all stores have them or are getting shipments. You would have to go to the store or call to find out what configurations they have in stock.