Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stefc93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
I called-up my local Apple store and asked if they would be getting another shipment of iPhone 4s on Friday if they sell out on Thursday. The manager (who I was speaking with) said that they would probably get another shipment at the end of NEXT week. Can anyone confirm this with their local Apple store? I have been phone-less for about a week now and can't afford another week.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
First, he probably has no idea. Second, they really cant disclose when and how much of a shipment will get.

Appmamma

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
AZ
Last night when I was at the apple store the worker told me their back room has NEVER been so packed. He said they couldn't even walk back there, there were so many boxes.

I'd imagine they're planning on having them thru at least the weekend? (my apple store is rather small)

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I've been saying all along that they're going to have a crap ton of phones at the stores.

Everyone keeps assuming they cut off the pre-orders and pushed out the shipping date because they couldn't make that many.

They did that because they wanted to divert all their stock into stores so that they can sell a MASSIVE amount of phones in the stores this weekend.

Just wait, you'll see.

stefc93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
If I call my local Apple store tomorrow, do you think the will put one aside/hold one for me for like 20 minutes?

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
That would be great if there was at least enough stock to last until Friday night. I really hope that there is.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
If I call my local Apple store tomorrow, do you think the will put one aside/hold one for me for like 20 minutes?

At least a five minute wait seems likely. They will definitely get a lot more calls than usual tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.