Apple Store Sydney Opening Tonight

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by snowyeti, Jun 19, 2008.

1. snowyeti macrumors newbie

So you've probably known that I'm a mac fan. I knew the Apple store was coming to Sydney. If you know me well enough, you'd know that I'd be there for sure.

Most people thought I camped overnight, but I had to work like everyone else. It was 4pm today and it was still busy as. Around 4.40pm, my mate and I jumped in a cab and got to the Apple store. There were media crews everywhere, it was like a premiere of a new movie! Red carpet, everything. We were told to go around into the queue, but ended up walking 3 blocks behind in a baracaded road on Kent St.

Time passed, 30 minutes .... it started raining. The line was moving pretty quick. Heaps of free things like nudie juice, darrel lea licorice, etc. Great opportunity for promos. An hour passed and we finally got to the front. The first 2,500 visitors score a free t-shirt, we thought we were too late since every man and his dog was in the line ahead! There was crowd control everywhere and police everywhere trying to hurry people in and out.

We got to the door and everyone was cheering and screaming. (Some of you probably won't understand but that's okay). The atmosphere was surreal, people were just so happy. We got in, got one of the limited edition t-shirts and got given a tour. They only let limited people in at at time due to OHS issues I'm guessing! The t-shirt is awesome, but it's way too big. There's only like 25,000 of em in the world :)

There are 3 levels, 1st one is for mac's, second one is for iPods and accessories and third floor is the genuius bar where you can get help and also attend tutorials and one on one personal training. The stairs were pretty cool - glass! The cleaner guy didn't look too happy.

I got interviewed by Apple for 5 minutes with some friends, got asked questions like why was I there, what I think about mac, what I'm going to buy next, what I have, etc. My mate from work had fun as well.

And no, I didn't buy anything, but I had fun like everyone else that was there to witness a historic event in the Apple world.

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract