Apple Store Traffic Watch: My Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pdxshad, Dec 22, 2009.

1. pdxshad macrumors newbie

Maybe this'll be useful, maybe not, but I thought it would be interesting to see how the retail stores are doing around the nation, and around the world.

My Apple Store:
    Portland, Oregon - Pioneer Place Mall

Visited: Monday, December 22, 2009, 4:30 pm

Traffic: Packed, very, very busy. Much busier than usual.
    Staff: Definitely double the usual amount of staff, or maybe it was the red t-shirts that made them more visible, no shortage of helpful staff! And despite how busy it seemed, those that I talked to very helpful, very efficient.
    Shopping experience: As usual, fast and easy. IPhone Checkout system much faster than previous system.
    Product Availability: They (and apparently the entire state) were out of the Magic Mouse I wanted, but they had plenty of the external drives I was also looking for.
    They had a new section set up for product pick up, which seemed like a good idea, they had stacks of iphone, ipods, laptops and things all packed and ready to be picked up. Good idea, probably saved a lot of people a lot of time.

2. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Without meaning to sound to harsh.

But I don't see how this is useful? And the benefit apart from everybody going its busy on this day and this time but not this day and this time. Surely if people just apply common sense for rush hour times and days?

3. pdxshad thread starter macrumors newbie

the times

Not intended as a guide to when to shop, also admittedly didn't know if it would be useful or not, just interesting, in these times when news media is jumping all over negative economical news, to see how apple store traffic is doing. Also a reasonable gauge of shopping experience and service. In some stores I have experienced so-called geniuses that are smug holier-than-thou morons, in this particular store, not so. Good service.

4. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

FWIW The scene at the two Apple Stores in the Atlanta Area (Lenox Square & Perimeter Mall) that I've visited over the past week is similar to what the OP described.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...judging by the size of apple's bank account, "we the people" aren't letting apple have a recession...

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Find a store that's not packed right around Average Joe's quittin' time the week before Christmas.

7. bt22 macrumors 6502

I have been watching the Refurb store. I want to get my first Mac and want a Mac Pro... and they are moving a lot of computers thru the refurb store. Oh, the closet actual stores would be Lennox Square or Perimeter Mall to me. I am 4 hours away.